SocialEngine PHP 4.10.0 Beta1 Released!

• 6923 posts
    December 30, 2017 2:49 PM EST

Our team worked through the holidays to get 4.10 released this quarter as promised. cool

We are pleased to introduce you to the 4.10.0 Beta 1 release. We've got a lot of fixes and improvements in this version. Flash has been removed! 

As this is a beta version, it is for fresh installs only. You will need to download the core from your dashboard as normal (you will see it there as the beta 1 link). Then, go to each plugin and click the "Release" tab to download the beta 1 version of each SocialEngine official plugin such as photos, blogs, etc. This would be available to those that have purchased those official plugins.

Tip: It's easiest to go to this page, https://www.socialengine.com/account/products/core , for the plugins and right click. Choose to open each one in a separate tab and then click the Releases tab and choose the beta1 file there.

There will be tutorials coming next week for the new features. Each new feature mentioned does have a setting for it (such as the profile/group/event banners have member level settings) or the smileys have member level settings too. Smileys and network improvements are enabled in the Activity feed settings.

Please note that this version does require that your server have at least PHP 5.6.3 but we recommend a newer version such as PHP 7.1.

Feel free to ask questions. For bugs or new features, please post those in the proper areas and NOT in this thread.

Happy New Year!!!

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at December 30, 2017 2:51 PM EST
    • 6923 posts
    December 30, 2017 3:06 PM EST

One more thing, if you can't see the download, you need to clear your browser cache fully. Another solution is to use a different browser if you don't want to clear your browser cache. Seamonkey browser by Mozilla (same ones that made firefox) is a good solution. 

• 6923 posts
    January 2, 2018 6:53 AM EST

Tutorials are ready for the new features. We may have a few more to update but so far here we go:

https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1649350-socialengine-requirements

https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1645717-admin-panel---settings->-activity-feed-settings

https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1665238-admin-panel---manage->-member-levels

• 16 posts
    January 3, 2018 4:24 AM EST

Hi team, best wishes and all the best for 2018!!

Looking forward to the official working release. Will you be adding this version to the demo on your site or will this have to wait for the next release?

• 6923 posts
    January 3, 2018 4:46 AM EST
    Dandy said:

Hi team, best wishes and all the best for 2018!!

Looking forward to the official working release. Will you be adding this version to the demo on your site or will this have to wait for the next release?

We're working on getting a demo for this. Have a great new year! 

• 45 posts
    January 3, 2018 5:35 PM EST

Very excited about this, will be installing in my dev environment for testing. 

• January 4, 2018 2:29 AM EST

Happy New Year to Everyone here!!

Very nice features introduced in SE itself. This will give other 3rd party developers more flexibility to work and will benefits the SE users also.

Waiting for final and stable release.

• 6923 posts
    January 4, 2018 4:27 AM EST

Thank you both! We have a lot more coming this year.It's a great time to be a SocialEngine client and expert!

• 6923 posts
    January 4, 2018 6:42 AM EST

Demo for 4.10 https://demo410.socialengine.com/

• 71 posts
    January 4, 2018 10:22 AM EST

Quick question as I have not had a chance to play with this beta version yet. Were flash-based graphs used for admin stats replaced as well?

This post was edited by Eugene Sutula at January 4, 2018 10:23 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    January 4, 2018 10:34 AM EST
    Eugene Sutula said:

Quick question as I have not had a chance to play with this beta version yet. Were flash-based graphs used for admin stats replaced as well?

Looks like we missed it but it'll be removed in beta2.

• 6923 posts
    January 5, 2018 9:17 AM EST

Jokes on us lol. We forgot to activate the new stuff on the 4.10 demo. I've activated it. 

• 45 posts
    January 6, 2018 9:15 PM EST

Was flash really replaced? Just tried to upload photos to classifieds, right away got the usual alert "To enable the embedded uploader, install the latest Adobe Flash plugin." After clicking close on that, was presented with FancyUpload again using fallback single file upload.

Is it just not replaced in this early beta?

• 6923 posts
    January 7, 2018 5:16 AM EST
    Stepan said:

Was flash really replaced? Just tried to upload photos to classifieds, right away got the usual alert "To enable the embedded uploader, install the latest Adobe Flash plugin." After clicking close on that, was presented with FancyUpload again using fallback single file upload.

Is it just not replaced in this early beta?

Yes it is removed but it had to be removed from each section. This is the reason for a beta. Please post any bugs in a bug report for us. Thank you.

• 6923 posts
    January 8, 2018 5:31 AM EST

For those testing on our demo, we have to manually enable the features each day. If you don't see the features on it, please wait til one of us is online to enable them as it resets each day and so we have to enable them again.

• 45 posts
    January 13, 2018 5:38 PM EST

I have noticed that demo website is running some newer version of beta. Some of the features that don't work on my installation work in demo. I have compared source code of some javascript code and they are different. When can we expect the next beta?

• 6923 posts
    January 15, 2018 4:57 AM EST
    Stepan said:

I have noticed that demo website is running some newer version of beta. Some of the features that don't work on my installation work in demo. I have compared source code of some javascript code and they are different. When can we expect the next beta?

The 4.10 demo has beta2 but it is still being worked on. As soon as we get some bugs fixed, we'll release it. I don't have a date but it won't be too long.