Forums » Feature Requests to Experts

Migrate from PHPFox to SE

• 353 posts
    December 30, 2017 5:06 PM EST

I am exploring taking my V3 PHPFox site to the latest version of SE.

I am looking for recommendations on someone who can do this for me in a test environment and then on my live site.

You will need to:

• Successfully migrate data - Forums, Profiles, Blogs, Pages, Events ETC.
    • Successfully recreate proprietary addons or reasonable versions of them built for SE (will be discussed via PM/email as these are built specifically for our community)
    • Be able to migrate/redevelop CCBill gateway and ensure memberships do not have recurring payment issues.
    • Be able to create or install a theme/template that is close to our current look/feel.
    • Ensure mobile accessibility is seamless
    • Be able to foresee challenges and present solutions for them
    • Fine tune the site for optimal performance

Once this project is complete we will then look at a long term support situation which you will become our chosen developer for future projects or troubleshooting issues as they arise.

Our community is robust, active and we would want priority access to you for the duration of the change over. I would also expect impeccable communication (in english) and availability to our office time zone (Pacific Standard Time)

Cheers!

This post was edited by ITLJames at December 30, 2017 5:07 PM EST
    • 3236 posts
    December 30, 2017 5:50 PM EST

Welcome aboard! Nice to see you here. You can still reach me at ScriptTechs too if needed. I just logged in when I saw your post and had to say Hi to you. laughing

• 353 posts
    December 30, 2017 5:53 PM EST

Hey trouble!!! LOL its been awhile due to waaaaay to many speaking engagements in 2017 for me!

• 3236 posts
    December 31, 2017 4:33 AM EST

Well that's great though, for you. I got my book published. :) 

As for your site, glad you're coming over. My site is on SE and works fine. Can't wait for 4.10 stable! 

• 353 posts
    January 4, 2018 8:27 PM EST

I just bought your book :) Now everyone else on this community should!

• 3236 posts
    January 5, 2018 4:59 AM EST
    ITLJames said:

I just bought your book :) Now everyone else on this community should!

lol Thank you cool