Header alignment?

• 2 posts
    January 7, 2018 1:07 AM EST

I'm trying to center my main menu in the header section of my site, with no joy.  I've looked through the theme code for what seems like days, tried creating html blocks, and a combination of the both.

Can anyone please help with what I'm sure is a simple thing to achieve.

• 6923 posts
    January 7, 2018 5:21 AM EST

Did you check the tutorial for editing the theme? It has details about editing the header.tpl file which might help. I can link it if you've not checked it. 

• 2 posts
    January 7, 2018 11:24 AM EST

Yes please!  Link me to that tutorial.  I've looked at a few but none have addressed my issue.

Thanks Donna!

• 6923 posts
    January 8, 2018 5:11 AM EST

Here's the tutorial, https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/en/portal/articles/1638325-creating-your-own-theme?b_id=14386 which is for creating your own theme. It's always best to work on a custom or clone theme and not on the default theme. This helps as you can rule out issues by testing on the default, unedited theme if you see issues after changing things. Also, our support does not work on modified files and so we would have to revert any changes made to default theme in order to test issues on your site if you had any.