Community

Forums » SEPHP Feature Requests

Acitivity Feed Search/Filter option

• gs
    • 861 posts
    July 11, 2017 3:19 PM EDT

Description: Search/Filter field to help locate desired content

Rather than complicate things, I'd just like to keep it simple -> a Search field for text input.  This should filter across all content in the viewed Activity Feed.  (please disregard the other items in the screenshot as they don't pertain to this specific FR).

Your thoughts?

• July 14, 2017 7:39 PM EDT
    gs said:

Description: Search/Filter field to help locate desired content

Rather than complicate things, I'd just like to keep it simple -> a Search field for text input.  This should filter across all content in the viewed Activity Feed.  (please disregard the other items in the screenshot as they don't pertain to this specific FR).

Your thoughts?

Hi GS. I think what you're trying to do may need to be achieved via a search widget, which only searches the activity feed for specific posts within a given time period. But no other content type.

• gs
    • 861 posts
    July 14, 2017 8:26 PM EDT

==>"I think what you're trying to do may need to be achieved via a search widget, which only searches the activity feed for specific posts within a given time period. But no other content type."

yes, a search widget may b even btr. i was just aiming for quick basic things like a simple search field and ability to sort like github (a separate FR here).  im already using a 3rd-party adv search which works great 4 other purposes.

• July 14, 2017 8:30 PM EDT
    gs said:

==>"I think what you're trying to do may need to be achieved via a search widget, which only searches the activity feed for specific posts within a given time period. But no other content type."

yes, a search widget may b even btr. i was just aiming for quick basic things like a simple search field and ability to sort like github (a separate FR here).  im already using a 3rd-party adv search which works great 4 other purposes.

I know. That's cool. Perhaps this is something which could transform the activity feed into its own post module like blogs or forums complete with its own landing, post and manage pages. Search would be a part of this.