Community

Forums » SECloud Help and Tips

Twitter Integration

• January 14, 2018 2:21 PM EST

hello, I am using Twitter integrations as a method of posting on my website. Most of the tweets that are integrated are Youtube links.. I tried implemented data-link-target="external" in my post template so the video itself would be previewed as the post's thumbnail instead of the picture but it is not working.. any tips?

• 2455 posts
    January 16, 2018 5:18 AM EST

It would help a lot if you would show more of what you want to do and if you have instructions you are using to implement it. Be sure to post any code samples in code tags (click the button next to the smiley button to open the code thing)

• January 16, 2018 12:09 PM EST

On your Theme Documentation it says to implement the code in the "Post" template which I did. To be exact, this is what I used:

<script type="x-engine/func" data-func="feed" data-type="hot" data-rich-preview="true"></script>

The data-rich-preview part is suppose to display the preview of your post as a video if your post contains a YouTube link, but it doesn't work for my Twitter integrated posts..

This post was edited by socialengineuser at January 16, 2018 12:11 PM EST
    • 2455 posts
    January 17, 2018 5:30 AM EST

I'm not sure if this will help, https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-tweet-embedded-YouTube-videos-with-autoplay-on-Twitter as it gives some info. This isn't my field of expertise.