Events - Improving Invite List

• 58 posts
    January 25, 2018 8:26 AM EST

When inviting friends to an event, it's a little bit unorganized. the list seems totally random.

1. So a dropdown with options would be nice "Sort from A-Z" / "recently added" / "recently interacted with" (if available) or other options.
    2. And also a searchfield to find friends would be awesome
    3. And it's by design that i can't add any non-friends?
    4. I don't know if that list is that long or is there no paging to get throuhg all of your friends?

URL who handling this: /events/member/invite/event_id/###ID###

• 6923 posts
    January 25, 2018 12:03 PM EST

Nice feature request. Well written. Thank you!

• 3 posts
    January 26, 2018 1:57 PM EST
    I agree with this request, we need this customization otherwise this feature is not user friendly and not used.
    Is that possible Donna to consider this feature on the next SE release?
    Thank you
    • 6923 posts
    January 29, 2018 4:56 AM EST

We only accept one request per post. I am not sure which one of the above is wanted most so first, we need to know that.

• 3 posts
    January 29, 2018 6:36 AM EST

Hi Donna, In my opinion priority would be:

1- add a search field

2- ability to also invite non friend users

3- order drop down menu.

Are you agree with me?

• 58 posts
    January 29, 2018 7:12 AM EST

I agree with skylux.

And i meant this to be "one request" => "Improving Invite List" ... the list currently (sorry) is a pain

• 3 posts
    January 29, 2018 7:56 AM EST
    They are 3 points but I think it should be considered as a one request I suppose.
    • 6923 posts
    January 29, 2018 8:33 AM EST

Inviting non-friends would need to be a different topic. It's entirely different than just a menu/search as it has to be added to the member levels and user privacy for users to opt out of receiving invitations from non-friends.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at January 29, 2018 8:33 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    January 29, 2018 8:46 AM EST

It's still well written though. Even if it has more than we allow, it is easy to understand. We will come back to the main search points (not the non-friends) when we are looking at next version features soon.

• 629 posts
    June 28, 2018 3:50 AM EDT

That should be soon? groups need this also.

• 58 posts
    July 30, 2019 5:36 AM EDT

Hey @Donna,

i just wanted to ask again if you and your team already planned this feature request for an upcoming version.

It would be great if you could provide us with further information if possible. Thanks!

• 6923 posts
    July 30, 2019 6:40 AM EDT

It's not on the shortlist as there were some already approved ahead of this one. Sorry.

• 58 posts
    April 17, 2020 9:05 AM EDT

Hey Donna,

do you plan on updating version 4 of social engine with this feature in the future?

• 6923 posts
    April 20, 2020 6:42 AM EDT

No as we only work on current versions. You could probably get a third party expert to customize your v4 if you don't plan to upgrade.