Landing Page issue

• 10 posts
    January 31, 2018 4:49 PM EST

I'm currently in the process of setting up a new site, and I notice that when I go the URL of my website it takes me to the Sign-in-Required page instead of the landing page.  Does anyone know of way to change this?

Thanks,

• 10 posts
    January 31, 2018 5:15 PM EST

I think I figured it out.. I have access to the Portal page set to no, thus it was sending me to the Sign-In required page.

• 6923 posts
    February 1, 2018 4:59 AM EST

Awesome! Thanks for posting your question and solution. It always helps when someone posts how they resolved an issue.

• 10 posts
    February 1, 2018 9:51 AM EST

You're more than welcome! It was throwing me in a loop for hours embarassed

This post was edited by Drew Neal at February 1, 2018 9:51 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    February 1, 2018 10:21 AM EST

You're not alone. I have had things do that to me as well.

• 2 posts
    February 14, 2018 11:28 PM EST

Now how do you setup the landing page for a mobile view? In my site the the landing page shown on mobile view is the signup one.

How can I set up 'home' as a landing page on mobile view? Cheers

• 6923 posts
    February 15, 2018 6:22 AM EST

if you click "full view" does it show the landing page? You could always disable the mobile plugin if you want to see full site stuff. I am not sure how to change other things in mobile view other than css. 

• gs
    • 857 posts
    February 15, 2018 10:16 AM EST
    Another option (not free) is to purchase a fully responsive theme such as SpectroMedia. With it I don't have to bother with all the mobile stuff. I gave up on Mobile Plugins and other 'responsive' themes a long time ago (I found out the hard way that responsive is not yes/no, but levels of responsiveness). Even this forum doesn't display properly on certain devices which is frustrating. I just want as similar of an experience across devices as possible and SpectroMedia does that very well. But I realize I'm no expert, so others may find some benefit to using a Mobile Plugin.
    • 24 posts
    January 21, 2020 8:20 AM EST
    Drew Neal said:

I think I figured it out.. I have access to the Portal page set to no, thus it was sending me to the Sign-In required page.

where do you change this? i would like to just use the sign in page as the default, not the landing page or the sign in required page

• 6923 posts
    January 21, 2020 10:13 AM EST

You may want to bookmark our learning center to help with finding documentation. I think you are looking for https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5308827/se-php-general-settings near the bottom of that, the Portal Page setting. Other than that, I'm not sure what you are trying to do, sorry.

• 24 posts
    January 21, 2020 10:42 AM EST

i dont want to use neither the landing page nor the sign in required page for the default page i just want to use the sign in page as shown here

This post was edited by AJFortin at January 21, 2020 10:45 AM EST