Home Activity Feed Settings

• 12 posts
    February 1, 2018 6:05 PM EST

I'm testing a newly built SE V4.8.12 and can't get my Activity Feeds displaying the correct items. 

Currently both the Main Feed and Profile Page Feeds display the User's Actions but none of any other user actions.

We want this on the User Profile Feed but not the Main Feed.

How can I get Home/Main Feed to display status updates from All Members?

I have been changing the Activity Feed Type Settings but they don't seem to change on the front end (even after clearing cache) Image below

I do have the ability to control each feed independently, right?

thanks!

• February 2, 2018 1:18 AM EST
    AdamS said:

I'm testing a newly built SE V4.8.12 and can't get my Activity Feeds displaying the correct items. 

Since, the latest version of SE is 4.10.0 RC1, we recommend you to first upgrade SocialEngine on your website to the latest version. This will solve many of the issues which are already fixed.
    If you need our assistance in upgrading, then you can reach out to us at: support@socialenginesolutions.com

• 6923 posts
    February 2, 2018 4:58 AM EST

Please upgrade to 4.9.4p4. Your version is very old.

• 12 posts
    February 2, 2018 11:36 AM EST

OK Thanks Donna. I'm not even sure why my devs used such an old version. Frustrating, but we'll try and get up to speed now. 

Fingers crossed! 

• 6923 posts
    February 2, 2018 12:28 PM EST

Make sure you are using reputable devs and not someone from a pirate site. If they loaded a nulled version, it most likely has malware and back doors. Always best to use experts from the SocialEngine expert area.

• 12 posts
    February 2, 2018 1:37 PM EST

Thank you for the advice. I think my devs trustworthy but just not that familiar with SE. 

Looking forward to upgrading ... should be fun! frown

• 6923 posts
    February 2, 2018 3:08 PM EST

Upgrading isn't hard if there aren't plugins and customizations. If there are, it takes a little more to upgrade.