Community

Forums » SEPHP Feature Requests

FR - All Widgets change (Too many widgets on a Mobile)

• 114 posts
    February 27, 2018 9:40 AM EST

Problem: Too many widgets showing on a mobile device if you have Insignia or any other theme activated and disabled SE PHP Mobile version 4.xx.xx or don't use the SE PHP Mobile version at all, so you use the responsive layout of Insignia or any other.

You can not hide(disable widgets) within the layout editor on the standard pages which are used for the responsive themes.

Solution: That it would be possible for any widget on the layout editor to have the question "Show" or "Hide" each widget on a mobile device.

What are the steps to reproduce this issue?

Use Insignia theme or any other responsive theme and disable the SE PHP Mobile in Manage Plugins.

What versions of software are you using? any version of PHP

Operating System: Any

SocialEngine PHP Version: any version of PHP

• 2990 posts
    February 28, 2018 7:51 AM EST

Insignia requires the mobile plugin. I use Atlas and it hides the widgets nicely until a member clicks to view the widgets. Atlas does not need mobile plugin and needs it disabled. 

The show and hide only work with the mobile plugin. With that in mind, do you still want this feature request? 

• 114 posts
    February 28, 2018 3:18 PM EST

Insignia does not need the mobile plugin to work as it is responsive. If I enable the SE Mobile, it takes over with your version so you have the mobile version and the website complete different.

That is correct some of the widgets you have a question "show" or "hide" on a mobile device. There is no consistency between all widgets. The SE Mobile has its own pages to config.

It would maybe better to stop supporting the SE Mobile module and go over to the responsive themes where you can set the widgets to be shown or hidden on a mobile device.

This way you only have one page to edit in the admin area.

So yes this feature request would be beneficial and I think this would be an advantage for many users and new future users.

This post was edited by Maurits at February 28, 2018 3:23 PM EST
    • 2990 posts
    March 1, 2018 4:41 AM EST

Insignia does need mobile plugin. It is not a fully responsive theme. It is a partially responsive theme. As staff, I know this.

Atlas is a fully responsive theme and does not use the mobile plugin. 

The issue with this can also be in how experts make their widgets. We can look at doing something in our core product but experts would also need to comply when they code if we do this.

• June 28, 2018 3:46 AM EDT

I'm all for this change. and while we're at it, use retina display graphics two.