Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

Turn social share off for site?

• 159 posts
    March 9, 2018 10:21 AM EST

Hey all 

Is there a setting that disables all social share buttons/options for an SE site? Our site is not mainstream social network friendly and I can not have this shown as it would give our members a sense of their content not being secure

• 1880 posts
    March 9, 2018 10:43 AM EST

What social share options? There are only the options to share to fb/twitter if you enable those in the respective settings in admin. They aren't enabled until after you enable them. 

• 1880 posts
    March 9, 2018 10:44 AM EST

The only share I know of (other than the one I mentioned) is a Share button on certain things such as viewing a blog. That button allows to share in site and is not connected to social media. If you have a screenshot of what you mean, I can look around. :)

• 159 posts
    March 9, 2018 10:53 AM EST

Yes Twitter and Facebook - I am running SES's advanced plugin so will look deeper there

• March 12, 2018 3:13 AM EDT
    ITLJames said:

Yes Twitter and Facebook - I am running SES's advanced plugin so will look deeper there

Hello James, All our plugins have setting to enable / disable the Share options from the admin panel >> layout editor in each widget. So, you can easily configure it from the admin panel. But, if you need this done by our team, please file a support ticket from your Client Area.

Thanks

Team SocialEngineSolutions

• 159 posts
    March 12, 2018 1:24 PM EDT

Thanks SES - I was/am looking for a way to disable it site wide without having to look in every widget/plugin. I don't see this as an option though so will dig through everything.

Thanks for responding Donna/SES!

• gs
    • 516 posts
    March 12, 2018 1:34 PM EDT

Any chance it's a widget on your Header/Footer? 

• 159 posts
    March 12, 2018 10:38 PM EDT

No - I have found most instances and have disabled them - there seems to only be one or two left that SES is taking care of for me

• 11 posts
    March 13, 2018 12:08 AM EDT

Does your theme have a social links as well ?

• 159 posts
    March 13, 2018 10:04 AM EDT

Yes - but those I have been able to control. I think I have it squared away with the lightbox settings.