Getting all kinds off errros on the new veersion

• 303 posts
    March 19, 2018 6:54 PM EDT

1. Uploading a cover image and got this error: /home/networkingstuden/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php(1133): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update('engine4_core_se...', Array, Array) #4 /home/networkingstuden/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Db/Table.php(158): Zend_Db_Table_Abstract->update(Array, Array) #5 /home/networkingstuden/public_html/application/ in /home/networkingstuden/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

2. Getting time our error when signing up as a new user and trying to view old members.

3. No friending or unfriending links on the profile pages of members.

4. Also, is there any way to remove that big ugly block member under the thumb images on the members browse page?

Should I just go back to the old version and upgrade down the road? God bless you guys.

• 6923 posts
    March 20, 2018 5:13 AM EDT

There are issues with some third party products. Did you have any third party products? If so, did you upgrade those? Some with a "core" and the advanced walls have edited the SE default database tables and as a result, caused issues with upgrades. Each expert has their own fix and instructions.

Did you double check permissions to be like this: https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/en/portal/articles/2777304-optimized-file-and-folder-permissions?b_id=14386

• 303 posts
    March 20, 2018 6:07 AM EDT

Hi Donna,

Hope you're doing well in this moment. I signed up for paid support so maybe you can get the log on info from my ticket and check. I have to run to catch a train or I would check these but as far as I know we have uninstalled all third party plugins accept maybe the scripttech quicklinks.

• 6923 posts
    March 20, 2018 6:12 AM EDT

Uninstalling them doesn't work as they modified our database tables. The modifications would not be removed unless the expert went in and did it for you but we will check your ticket.

I'm doing well. Hope you are. Have a safe trip!

• 303 posts
    March 20, 2018 11:28 AM EDT

They said they completely removed them and by they I mean searchengineaddons

• 303 posts
    March 20, 2018 4:04 PM EDT

So, we should never buy outside mods because it causes issues later and they don't want to help correct the problem?

• 6923 posts
    March 21, 2018 4:27 AM EDT
    whatonearth said:

So, we should never buy outside mods because it causes issues later and they don't want to help correct the problem?

Certified are a better option. Tell experts to get their stuff certified. We don't allow core edits.

In any script, you should never get plugins that modify the source code or database. It will cause upgrade issues.

• 71 posts
    March 21, 2018 5:54 AM EDT

Consider adding reviews based on your experience with plugins. This will help others. There are different companies and teams working on addons, different quality and different support.

• 6923 posts
    March 21, 2018 7:02 AM EDT
    Eugene Sutula said:

Consider adding reviews based on your experience with plugins. This will help others. There are different companies and teams working on addons, different quality and different support.

Great tips from one of our well respected third party experts.

• 348 posts
    May 14, 2018 9:27 AM EDT
    whatonearth said:

They said they completely removed them and by they I mean searchengineaddons

Although this is an old thread, but still if you are facing any issues on your Website in using SocialEngineAddOns Plugins, kindly share it with us at sales@socialengineaddons.com and address your queries/concerns to Aashi. We will look into them and would be happy to assist you.

• 303 posts
    January 12, 2019 7:15 AM EST

I still have the advanced video clutter in my layout Editor. I will contact you shortly. Thank you for responding.