Package Manager Install issues

• 5 posts
    April 18, 2018 3:34 PM EDT

I'm trying to upload a 16.4MB package to the Package Manager to no avail.  I've tried in both Chrome and Firefox, with and without Flash activated.  The upload limit on my server is 32MB, so there shouldn't be any issue there.  With Flash OFF, the file completes uploading and I'm given an options to Go back to Manage Packages, however when selecting either of the 2 options presented there is no apparent way to complete the installation.  With Flash ON in Chrome, I'm just given an infinite progress bar at 100% with no completion...and with Flash ON in Firefox the bar completes and I'm given the error: Upload failed: Server returned HTTP-Status #302 .

Is there a quick solution to get that resolved?  If not, what is the procedure to go about installing this manually?  I couldn't find any documentation for this in my search.

Thanks for your time!

• 6923 posts
    April 18, 2018 4:56 PM EDT

https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1649350-socialengine-requirements please check the new requirements. The post_max and upload_max are probably the culprit.

Please check the upgrade docs and please pay close attention to the notes as there's a patch that you needed to have loaded before the upgrade too, https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1666869-performing-upgrades

• 5 posts
    April 19, 2018 1:49 PM EDT

Thanks for the info!  So I started the process of updating to the newest verison, however it hasn't gone as planned.  Some items completed and show as 4-10-3p1, others still show 4.9.4p4 (including the core).  Based on the requirements link you sent me I should have met/exceeded everything there, and I previously had 4.9.4p4 so the patch wasn't necessary.  Now the uploader seems to have an issue with it so I can't complete changes.  Is there a way to patch just those items that haven't been updated?  If not, is there a way to do a fresh install while keeping my data in tact?

This post was edited by iCombustion at April 19, 2018 1:52 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    April 19, 2018 2:59 PM EDT

Check for errors. If you had third party products, there are posts on this community about issues upgrading. Most likely you have a plugin with a "core" that edited the database and interfered with the upgrade. Your error logs will tell you if you have errors. It should also have shown on the upgrade screen that some of the items were not upgrading. Would have been a small notice in the database area.