Ad Quality after upload

• 16 posts
    April 19, 2018 7:17 AM EDT

Why is the SE Ads system degrading the quality of uploaded ads. I can understand that the 'normal' photo and image upload is downgraded a little bit, but advertisements and especially advertisers are picky when it comes to ad image quality. When you use animated gif banners it becomes an actual problem. The banners are completely screwed up due to degrading the image quality. Why is this? Or am i missing a setting for the ad system?

• 6923 posts
    April 19, 2018 8:57 AM EDT

We didn't see an issue here with the ads we had but we already explained that in your post. Please don't post duplicate threads as it makes it harder to follow the conversation.

• 53 posts
    April 27, 2018 3:00 PM EDT

Just a question, Are you changing any of the settings or size for the ad. For example, One of my ads was designed to be responsive, so it can range in width from 210px to 980px. This means my ad banner needs to be at LEAST 980px. (what I do is ad a max-width: 100%). If I were to use a banner with a true width of 800px, when it got into anything above 800px, the image would become distorted. 

Does that help?