Profile Type to Network mapping at sign-up

• 119 posts
    June 27, 2018 6:24 AM EDT

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how to do Profile Type to Network-mapping at sign-up?

I have a network based website with different profile types, but the problem is when people sign-up and chose their profile, it gets dumped on a heap. People will forget to add a network, it is ending up in a mess. All profiles are mixed up.

You can do Profile Type Mapping to Member Level here, which works perfect:

https://yoursite.com/admin/authorization/level/manage-profile-type-mapping

But I can not find anywhere you can map profiles to a network.

Is there a piece of code I can add?

• 6923 posts
    June 27, 2018 7:32 AM EDT

I think the best option is for using this tutorial, https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1649382-admin-panel---manage->-networks and choosing the "auto-assign" setting when making the network. 

• 119 posts
    June 27, 2018 7:59 AM EDT

Hi Donna,

I have tried that but the problem you have I have to ask the customer a question which network they want and they can pick on out the list and add them.

The problem is it is not automatically done by the software select Profile and gets added to the Network.

Also the problem is if I use this option you gave me, if the customer picks the wrong one from the list it is fixed, the customer can not change the network afterwards as it has been disabled, may they have chosen the wrong network. The customer can add networks, but can not change the existing one they picked at the sign-up.

If there is a way to overwrite/change the code on the customer's side so they can still edit their own network, then this option would work.

Or

If it is possible to add an option in the admin "Create Network" area /admin/network/manage/edit/id/1

Call it "Unlock Member Network" Yes/No

• 6923 posts
    June 27, 2018 9:11 AM EDT

You will probably need a third party plugin or customization. I am not sure how to do what you want, sorry.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    June 27, 2018 12:14 PM EDT

@Maurits

Because it's you (and I appreciate your input and appreciate many of your posts), I just took the time to search 9 Experts' websites (because SE recently chose to remove all non-certified Plugins from their Marketplace, instead of simply using different icons to show the certified status) and the only profile mapping Plugin I saw was for MLs, not Networks.  Maybe a 3PD will chime in here (but since they're not allowed to post non-certified Plugins in the Forum, they'll have to PM you, which will help you at least, but leaves the rest of us reading this topic high and dry (another 'helpful' change SE has made). 

(SE - I'm trying to be as nice as possible, but this whole certified thing is really becoming a larger hindrance than I initially imagined).

• 629 posts
    June 28, 2018 2:49 AM EDT

You could try a subscription package and then manually place people who sign up in a different member level keeping the profile type the same as when they sign up. Network integration doesn't exist yet in the core product.

• 119 posts
    June 28, 2018 11:52 AM EDT

This would be a nice feature if it can be integrated in the core.

I will have to ask the members to pick a fixed network at sign-up for now. Only thing is the question will be there when they update their member account info.

Will test this and see if this works ok.

• 629 posts
    June 28, 2018 12:01 PM EDT

Not if you have subscription packages. You could set up a trial subscription for a set period of time, then make another one that's still free but the advantage is, you get to remove the actual question but keep the network integrated.