Profile Types and Fields on Profiles

• 378 posts
    July 5, 2018 4:42 PM EDT

Not sure if this is a bug or not so thought I would ask before going down that path.

I have created two profile types on our community:

Community Member

Business Member

Each has its own set of profile questions that are relevant to what they will be doing and allowing people to see about them on our site.

At signup 99% of our new members are Community Members and everything works well with this (we used the stock member type and added to it for our needs)

For the 1% that are businesses that signup with us we created a new profile type that allowed them to show their website, social links etc. The issue I am seeing is that after signup I can see their information entered if I edit their profile but it is not showing on their profiles for the community to see - it is just blank.

I initially thought it was my theme but on contacted the 3PD they have indicated that it is an SE issue.

Has anyone else seen this or had issues with this? I recall awhile back that the LinkedIn field was causing issues but I thought that was taken care of.

I am running version 4.10.3p1

Cheers for your insight!

• 378 posts
    July 5, 2018 5:05 PM EDT

Alright - so after writing the above I got to thinking about the LinkedIn issue that I recalled from before... So I went to my profile questions for business members and removed LinkedIn Company and replaced it with LinkedIn Personal and now my business profiles show up correctly!

• 6923 posts
    July 5, 2018 5:22 PM EDT

This issue should have been fixed in the p2 we released a few weeks ago. https://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/798/social-engine-php-4-10-3p2-patch-released

• 6923 posts
    July 5, 2018 5:22 PM EDT

Seen in the changelog, https://s3.amazonaws.com/se4-downloads/4.10.3p2.html

• 378 posts
    July 5, 2018 5:26 PM EDT

Cool - I have yet to upgrade as we are still working through things with 3p1 and do not want to add another level of variance into the equation.

I knew I read it somewhere lol!

• 6923 posts
    July 5, 2018 5:28 PM EDT

I had forgotten about that and didn't realize you had those profile questions enabled when you posted in the other thread, or that you hadn't upgraded yet. Good thing is, this upgrade is small and you can actually manually apply the fixes. 

• 378 posts
    July 5, 2018 7:29 PM EDT

Cool to know - thanks!