Announcement Pause

• 378 posts
    July 10, 2018 12:28 PM EDT

Title: Admin - Pause Announcements

Description: Right now site announcements only have the option of being live or deleted. Sometimes an admin may want to pause an announcement and use it at a later date.

I would suggest that the ability to pause site announcement be added.

Thanks for considering my request!

• gs
    • 857 posts
    July 10, 2018 12:49 PM EDT

Hmnmm... great idea.  I'm used to scheduling start/end dates/times in other systems as well as pausing, so this would be at least a start.  I don't want software to make decisions for me, but I expect it to offer the ability to automatic as much as possible, but the way I choose to (because what I want may not be what another ADMIN wants obviously).

Thanks for posting this @ITLJames.

• 378 posts
    July 10, 2018 6:15 PM EDT

Start and stop times would be a bonus for sure. I just don't like having to delete an announcement and then loosing the information

• 6923 posts
    July 10, 2018 6:45 PM EDT

It would be good to archive announcements for use later too. Bit tired so I may be wrong and perhaps we already do that. So a pause for use within x time and then an archive feature to use later on. This way, our list of announcements doesn't get too long to look through. Just a thought.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    July 10, 2018 8:16 PM EDT

Is this something like what you're both thinking (I'd be happy to edit to include additional mods if you wish) ?  Since this may seem like more than (1) Pause/Feature, we could change this to Announcement Redesign (or scheduling or whatever).

This post was edited by gs at July 10, 2018 8:27 PM EDT
    • 378 posts
    July 11, 2018 10:52 AM EDT

I like that - Active / Paused / Archive makes a lot of sense