Contact Us Page

• 378 posts
    July 17, 2018 7:47 PM EDT

Hey all 

After some testing of our contact us page I am up against an interesting issue.

Not all submissions are getting through, if it is a fresh first time contact from an email address that is being submitted it looks like it delivers as it should but when the email address has already been used to submit a contact us request it does not get delivered.

Has anyone experienced this or tested it out on their install? I am using SendGrid smtp and do not have mail throttled via the admin setting.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    July 17, 2018 9:57 PM EDT

I'd like to test this out - where in ADMINcp do I find these addresses?  I see the page in LE, but since I used to use an excellent Product by SES for this (which listed the contacts in their Plugin) I don't know where contacts are in out-of-the-box SE.

Plus, I've since changed to a sidebar/help desk Product by h2desk.

• 6923 posts
    July 18, 2018 4:35 AM EDT

I've not tested it like that. Since you have sendgrid, can you see if the mail is going out? Good thing with Sendgrid is you can monitor the mail. So, in your dashboard there you should see at least the contact hitting Sendgrid. If it's not even hitting Sendgrid, then more info would be needed.

1. Is this a member using contact or a visitor?

2. Are you using any notification, email, or other plugin that might interfere?

3. Any errors in the error log? (for emails)

4. Any warnings in the warning log? (for emails)

• 6923 posts
    July 18, 2018 5:39 AM EDT

I just tested this at my author site and both contact emails came but were in my spam box. I use sendgrid on that site too. My email for contact is the noreply email which is probably why they both went to my spambox. 

• 378 posts
    July 18, 2018 8:50 AM EDT

Being silly I did not think to check sendgrid... I will try again and see

• gs
    • 857 posts
    July 18, 2018 5:54 PM EDT

Where are these contacts displayed in ADMINcp? 

Thanks

• 378 posts
    July 18, 2018 6:42 PM EDT

I do not think the contact page submissions display in Admin - I think it is only via email to your specified email address. Having it internal would be AWESOME I think... 

• gs
    • 857 posts
    July 18, 2018 7:01 PM EDT

Ah, that explains why I can't find them.  SES has a Multi-form Product for Contacts into ADMINcp (and I believe SEAO has something similar).