Spammers ...

• 119 posts
    July 26, 2018 10:30 AM EDT

Hey All,

This might be a problem or an error in version 4.10.3p1 or any other version.

If a spammer or a user signs up, this is not logged into the "login history" (Spamming Banning Tools). This should really be logged too.

I was trying to get the IP from the login history to create a restricted access list of IP ranges by country. I have a massive list from China already, some do sneak through.

There is no option in the dropdown list, saying signed-up user and there is no trace of the new user in the 'login history' at all.

• 6923 posts
    July 26, 2018 11:50 AM EDT

You'll want to submit a feature request for this in the feature request section. I can move it there if you want but you'll need to provide the full details needed for a feature request, from the stickied post for submitting them.

• 275 posts
    August 1, 2018 2:57 AM EDT

hey,

we are using the latest version,

Just FYI, We do find anyone who uses the signup form in our logs accurately

We are having the same issues - China and Russia spammers.

Where is it possible to get a comprehensive efficient list - to restrict ip addresses - for China and Russia ?

Also, ive been reading up and it seems .htaccess and the spammin tool slows down the performance if its a large list.

Is there any better solution out there for a) ban ip addresses b)ban  swear words

Cheers !~

• 6923 posts
    August 1, 2018 5:16 AM EDT

I use cloudflare for that sort of filtering if needed. Have you tried it? I also have a honeypot on each of my sites. Very easy to add via their instructions. https://www.projecthoneypot.org/ the folks that made projecthoneypot also made cloudflare.

• 275 posts
    August 1, 2018 5:33 AM EDT
    Donna said:

I use cloudflare for that sort of filtering if needed. Have you tried it? I also have a honeypot on each of my sites. Very easy to add via their instructions. https://www.projecthoneypot.org/ the folks that made projecthoneypot also made cloudflare.

thanks Donna !

perfect.