File & Media Manager Loading Time

• 8 posts
    August 1, 2018 7:43 AM EDT

Hi, can someone please tell me if they have experienced this issue and what might be causing it. From the admin panel of my website I can access all links with loading times of about 2 seconds. However when I try to access the File & Media Manager, loading time is like 3 - 5min.That would be the page with url

www.example.com/admin/files

When it finally loads and I try to click next page, or delete an image or basically do anything allowed on that page.....another 3 - 5min to respond.

This is driving me crazy because it's ridiculously slow only on that one page. The website isn't live yet so I don't have tonnes of images. It never used to be like this so I can't even tell what might be causing it.

Any suggestions/advice/help?

Thank you in advance.

• 378 posts
    August 1, 2018 12:22 PM EDT

I just tested mine and it loads quickly... a second or two at the most.

How many files do you have?

• 8 posts
    August 1, 2018 12:52 PM EDT

Yeah, mine used to as well until recently and I have no idea why. I'm currently being jerked around between my hosting company and my internet service provider (ISP). Hosting company is blaming the ISP but I don't see how it can be an ISP issue that affects only one page while the rest of the website loads pretty fast.

ISP provider said the same. They wouldn't slow down one web address while access to the rest of that same website and the internet is fast. It just doesn't make sense.

Thought I'd ask in case anyone has experienced a similar issue. Must be something to do with that page being a file/media page and something possibly on the server is slowing down the load speed. Hosting company is apparently now looking further into it.

Website is not even live yet so number of files is extremely low.

• 378 posts
    August 1, 2018 1:00 PM EDT

What version of SE are you using out of curiosity? Do you have a lot of plugins and of those are any to do with files or media uploads?

• 8 posts
    August 1, 2018 1:28 PM EDT

I'm using the latest version 4.10.3p2. I have 2 advanced photo and album plugins. One live and the other disabled. Also advanced video plugin.But everything was fine with the file & media manager before so I don't know. The developer is also looking into this so maybe between the hosting company, ISP and the developer, someone can explain to me what the issue is.

• 378 posts
    August 1, 2018 1:57 PM EDT

I run SES advanced video and albums... odd for sure that its that one page, it has to be a stalled script or something of that nature

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 1, 2018 7:22 PM EDT

Hopefully someone from SE will chime in since it their product you're experiencing the issue with (not saying that their product is causing it, but File Mgr is obviously part of their Core so somethg (server?) is interfering with proper op if their product, not a 3PD's product).

• 6923 posts
    August 2, 2018 5:24 AM EDT

As it's not happening here or at my own site and demos, it sounds like a server issue. I suggest checking your server. Perhaps it has mod_security enabled which is maybe trying to block the file manager? Perhaps check to ensure you are on PHP 7. Check error logs and warning logs in your admin panel log browser. Check server error logs.

• August 2, 2018 5:57 AM EDT

Have you tried to load it from another network? 3G/4G maybe.

Have you tried it on another browser? It is possible that you have installed a browser extension that affects this page somehow.

Try to see what happens if you remove all the files. If you can't access the File Manager, you can remove them from /public/admin.

If you inspect that page's code does it show any warnings/errors?

• 8 posts
    August 2, 2018 7:08 AM EDT
    Donna said:

As it's not happening here or at my own site and demos, it sounds like a server issue. I suggest checking your server. Perhaps it has mod_security enabled which is maybe trying to block the file manager? Perhaps check to ensure you are on PHP 7. Check error logs and warning logs in your admin panel log browser. Check server error logs.

Thanks Donna. I asked the hosting company to check all the above and no issues there. So I went on to PixyThemes suggestions embarassed

• 8 posts
    August 2, 2018 7:10 AM EDT
    Pixythemes said:

Have you tried to load it from another network? 3G/4G maybe.

Have you tried it on another browser? It is possible that you have installed a browser extension that affects this page somehow.

Try to see what happens if you remove all the files. If you can't access the File Manager, you can remove them from /public/admin.

If you inspect that page's code does it show any warnings/errors?

YES!! I tried to load it using my mobile network (not wifi) and I'm not sure whether it's 3G/4G. It's one of them - and the page loads FAST.

But....what does this mean??? And why is it only affecting the file and media manager page?

• August 2, 2018 11:52 AM EDT

It is possible that the problem comes from your router, try to connect to the cable directly. If the cable works you should try to reset the router.