Private Message Member Level Groups

• 378 posts
    August 2, 2018 3:27 PM EDT

Via admin there is an option to Email member levels and what I am looking for is the ability to Private Message member levels internally on our site... Does this exist?

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 2, 2018 11:14 PM EDT

I don't see it either.  The closest non-email messaging by ML I see is Announcements.  To see if I can help better, care to share what you're trying to accomplish via PM by ML?

• 378 posts
    August 2, 2018 11:19 PM EDT

Hey GS

Basically I am ensuring members of our community know that they have window to subscribe with our new gateway before a price change. I have made announcements to different member levels and see the Email option (but I use agilecrm and sendgrid for mass mailings, not my site so that is a non starter). 

What I wanted to do is place a private message into various member levels inboxes to reach further on people reading and seeing the message. I feel this would be a way more powerful means of communicating and be more personal.

We are getting good traction and we hit 10% of our goal in our first day of this campaign... but I want more lol!

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 2, 2018 11:50 PM EDT

Congrats on the traction!

The only other ways I know of easily getting info in front of Users by ML are:

• placing the Announcement widget on multiple pages
    • using Web80's Plugin (that you may already have) to include whatever info desired (and however 'pretty' you wish using all TinyMCE capability) on whatever pages you want.  This method obviously requires more work than email, PMs, or Announcements since LE has to be used.
    • slider Plugins (SE has banner ability but I don't use it) with ML settings (if no ML setting then use with above)

Wish I could be more helpful.  Maybe there's a Plugin that does this (or somethg in SE Core that we're not seeing).

• 378 posts
    August 3, 2018 12:47 AM EDT

Thanks I appreciate this.

The next thing I am having developed is a plugin that brings the power of AgileCRM into SE and allows me to segment, drip and a few other items for speaking to our members both past and present.... this will be huge!

I forgot to mention I am also using the ads manager with a top center banner as well that seems to be doing well for ctr 

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 3, 2018 1:29 AM EDT

That should be a very useful integration.

I use SEAO's Slideshow, customized to control banners/slides by date and content/page. The plan is to eventually allow page owners (for SEAO G/C, D/Bus, D/Page and others) to sell their own banners (with a cut to the house).

• 6923 posts
    August 3, 2018 5:41 AM EDT

I do miss being able to PM member levels. I used to have an automated welcome PM for new members at that other script. Was a plugin but worked with the internal PM system. This would be a useful third party plugin to develop. Not by me - by another expert.

• 378 posts
    August 3, 2018 8:40 AM EDT

That exists Donna in this plugin:

https://www.socialengine.com/marketplace/app/free-tom-friend-welcome-message

I use it and it works well.

• 6923 posts
    August 3, 2018 9:09 AM EDT

Thanks for the tip.