• 353 posts
    August 3, 2018 12:59 AM EDT

https://www.socialengine.com/marketplace/app/moderator-toolbox

THIS LOOKS INTERESTING!

Anyone have it? Thoughts?

• gs
    • 837 posts
    August 3, 2018 1:23 AM EDT

Been using it on 4.09.* (and 4.08.*).  Great tool/app.  My experience with Webhive Support and Products is good.  I also have their Favourites, Q&A, and Access Manager.  Access Mgr (link below) is very useful in easily limiting who can access what (i.e. by URL and multi-select ML; URL allows wildcards too).

https://webhive.com.ua/store/product.php?id_product=69

This post was edited by gs at August 3, 2018 1:48 AM EDT
    • 6 posts
    August 14, 2018 5:07 PM EDT

I recently got this for my site. Moderators; however, cannot log in as a user, is there a way to fix this?

• gs
    • 837 posts
    August 14, 2018 6:06 PM EDT

Have you asked Eugene @ Webhive?  Below are my results using an older version of Moderator (4.09.02)

Super ADMIN 

- delete

- disable

- login

- ban

- delete

- disable

My thinking is that each of the above 4 options should have an enable/disable setting to allow different types of Moderators, rather than just enabling/disabling Moderator by ML.  I'm hopeful Eugene will include this in next version.  @Kathryn - what are your thoughts?

This post was edited by gs at August 14, 2018 8:29 PM EDT
    • 353 posts
    August 14, 2018 11:14 PM EDT

Sounds like a stellar idea to me GS

• 6 posts
    August 15, 2018 11:19 AM EDT

How do I ask Eugene? Sorry, I am new to using this community forum and not sure proper protocol. 

Are you saying the temporary ban option also does not work for moderators? I have not tested that yet, I will ask someone to check it out. 

Thanks,

Kathryn

• 3116 posts
    August 15, 2018 12:13 PM EDT

You would need to contact Eugene/Webhive via his contact form at his site but here is a link to his expert profile where you can also click to contact him. https://www.socialengine.com/experts/profile/webhive and he's also on this community. I'll message him a link to this thread.

• 68 posts
    August 15, 2018 12:22 PM EDT
    Kathryn said:

I recently got this for my site. Moderators; however, cannot log in as a user, is there a way to fix this?

Please reach me out via email (eugene@webhive.com.ua) - our qa guy will check in case there is something wrong. I don't remember any issues with that particular feature.

• 68 posts
    August 15, 2018 12:29 PM EDT
    Kathryn said:

Are you saying the temporary ban option also does not work for moderators?  

The temporary ban should be available for moderators. It's an essential feature for moderation in any live community. It's definitely visible on the "Moderate Users" page as one of the options.

I'm not sure if we have placed it on the profile widget though. If it's not there - we will get it added in the next update.

• 6 posts
    August 15, 2018 1:21 PM EDT

Hi Eugene,

I have sent you a message regarding the issue. Thank you for following up :) What do you mean by profile widget? In the admin panel there is only one option for selecting each member profile, it is either allow moderation or not. Is there a way to allow specific features for different profiles in a future release? 

• gs
    • 837 posts
    August 15, 2018 6:48 PM EDT

==> '...Are you saying the temporary ban option also does not work for moderators...'

Yes (neither SiperADMIN or Moderator) from the User's Profile Page (using the Profile widget).  

In addition, Moderator does not have Lohin or Ban option.

Remember that I'm using their version 4.09.02.

==> '...What do you mean by profile widget? ...'

From Layout Editor, this Plugin offers a widget that you may include on the Member Profile Page with Menu Items for things you may do as a Moderator (see my Aug14 post).

@Eugene

(referring to my Aug14 post) Would you consider adding the ML settings I suggested?  This would obviously make this Plugin more flexible and useful.  Thx.

• 68 posts
    August 16, 2018 9:21 AM EDT

I've replied to you both by email.

@gs I'm sorry, but what's ML stands for?

We will get another update for the plugin allowing Mods to have more permissions. Not sure if they will be configurable yet. If there a need for that?

• 3116 posts
    August 16, 2018 9:42 AM EDT

ML = Member Level :) 

• 353 posts
    August 16, 2018 12:01 PM EDT

Just a thought Eugene

You could look at expanding this to an Admin Toolbox plugin that would give site owners and those that moderate them a better snapshot of the analytics of their sites in dashboard view.

AAG (At A Glance) checkins as to what your site membership is up to in a graphic representation is a must in my opinion.

Maybe this is a whole different plugin idea though but it is necessary for those of use that use our communities for revenue generation.

• gs
    • 837 posts
    August 16, 2018 12:33 PM EDT
    Eugene Sutula said:

I've replied to you both by email.

@gs I'm sorry, but what's ML stands for?

We will get another update for the plugin allowing Mods to have more permissions. Not sure if they will be configurable yet. If there a need for that?

@Eugene

Thanks for the reply.

@Donna

Thanks for responding about ML acronym.

@Eugene

==> '...If there a need for that? ...'

My apologies for not understanding, but what are you referring to?  My initial post in this Topic requested that options/permissions be configurable by ML.  My hope is that this is in the Profile Widget (rather than allowing Moderators access to ADMINcp or other pages).  IMHO, It seems to be much easier to view the Memer's Profile when performing Moderator functions.

• 50 posts
    February 4, 2019 9:51 AM EST

I realize this is an old post, but I'm curious if anyone is using this plugin and what their experiences have been. Also I'm interested in whether the improvements mentioned in this thread were included in any upgrades since last August.

We are in need of moderators on our site but don't want them to be administrators. We have "Chat Leaders" who need to be able to either remove someone from the chat room or temporarily disable their account. They would need to do this while logged in, so it's important to me that they would have the ability to do this without logging out.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

TIA
    Nancy

This post was edited by nancers at February 4, 2019 9:57 AM EST