Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

Help with Responsive Vertical Theme version 4.10.p3

• 15 posts
    August 8, 2018 4:12 PM EDT

Hello just installed socialenginesolutions Responsive Vertical Theme version 4.10.p3 and have sesbasic4.10.p9 installed. I am using socialengine 4.10.3p2..The issue is  In Header settings-Main Menu Placement I set the main menu to horizontal then all the menus get pushed to left... I contacted socialenginesolutions but after 3 days of them wanting my server and cpanel login info. Im stuck..I learned my lesson giving a 3 party developer that information which is why im stuck to do a fresh install and hope to get members back and hosting company had to basically rebuild my server with all the things that were hidden in there ...So im asking here hoping someone may be able to help me .. i including screen shots of what happens when i set the main menus to show horizontally..

• 326 posts
    August 8, 2018 7:11 PM EDT

Heya - My experience with SES has been great and I allow them access to my site to take care of issues. If you do not allow them in, you can't really expect them to be able to see what's going on right.

• 326 posts
    August 8, 2018 7:12 PM EDT

Also - switch to vertical menu and I bet that will clear that up until they can get in to see what's going on

• gs
    • 806 posts
    August 8, 2018 8:59 PM EDT

@bobby

IMHO, @ITLJames is correct.  SES (and some other 3PDs) are responsible and may be trusted.  Another route is to make some full server backups (stored in at least 2 off site locations), then let SES have access.  If for some reason you don't like the outcome, simply restore and go with fresh install, etc.  Please keep in mind that SES shouldn't be blamed if they can't eventually fix a mess another 3PD created.

• 326 posts
    August 8, 2018 9:00 PM EDT

@GS - that theme screen shot is an SES theme hence my endorsement of them

• gs
    • 806 posts
    August 8, 2018 9:26 PM EDT

@ITLJames

And I swear by their SpectroMedia Theme.  I really like this newer Vertical Theme of theirs, but I don't want to pay to incorporate my SpectroMedia customizations into Vertical.

• August 9, 2018 1:18 AM EDT
    bobby said:

Hello just installed socialenginesolutions Responsive Vertical Theme version 4.10.p3 and have sesbasic4.10.p9 installed. I am using socialengine 4.10.3p2..The issue is  In Header settings-Main Menu Placement I set the main menu to horizontal then all the menus get pushed to left... I contacted socialenginesolutions but after 3 days of them wanting my server and cpanel login info. Im stuck..I learned my lesson giving a 3 party developer that information which is why im stuck to do a fresh install and hope to get members back and hosting company had to basically rebuild my server with all the things that were hidden in there ...So im asking here hoping someone may be able to help me .. i including screen shots of what happens when i set the main menus to show horizontally..

@Bobby: We apologize for the issue and inconvenience caused to you.

If you do not want to provide the details of your website, we are open to resolve the issue via Team Viewer or Anydesk software which our support team have suggested you. With this remote accessing software you can see on your screen what our developers are doing. If at any moment of time you do not find it safe to share your system, you can close the connection.

Also, we request you to make sure that

a. In the Layout Editor >> Header Page: you have "SES - Responsive Vertical Theme - Header" widget placed.

b. You have changed the Mode of your website from Production to Development after making changes / installing the theme.

We would really look forward for your co-operation in checking and fixing the issue.

@James and @GS: We are really glad to have your support and feedback for us. It has always been great working with you both. Hope you have seen our new certified plugins.

Regards

Team SES

This post was edited by SocialEngineSolutions at August 9, 2018 1:19 AM EDT
    • 2459 posts
    August 9, 2018 4:59 AM EDT

As I test each certified plugin, I can say that it does work well when configured correctly. On that note, @SES, please make an instruction area and link each product's instruction page in your Resources tab of your listings. This will help client's know how to set up each product. I believe I mentioned this before in emails. If you don't have space, feel free to ask for an area (forum category) on my ScriptTechs' forum and I'll set that up for you and you can put your instructions there.

• gs
    • 806 posts
    August 9, 2018 7:56 AM EDT
    Shouldn't instructions for Certified Productts be with the Product, in the MarketPlace?

Nothing against your personal site (which is quite nice and helpful), but you already spend a lot of your free time on stuff SE, you often use your personal site for testing instead of SE provided/housed insttallations... I'm just asking for SE business stuff to be located on official resources they support and that are paid for and provided by them rather than a 3rd party owned/provided resource.
    This post was edited by gs at August 9, 2018 8:08 AM EDT
    • 15 posts
    August 9, 2018 8:55 AM EDT

@SES.. I tried this for a solution "b. You have changed the Mode of your website from Production to Development after making changes / installing the theme."

That seems to have worked thank you!...This post was not a complaint i just don't want to give out server details anymore and try to find other solutions... Anyway the theme works now and is perfect for my project!!

• gs
    • 806 posts
    August 9, 2018 9:33 AM EDT
    @bobby
    My apologies. I presumed you had already done (b) since you had already contacted SES, and this is a common process when things don't look right. When making UI/UX chgs, I typically use one browser for editing settings (ADMINcp) and another for viewing them (or multiple OS/browser combinations), and if somethg is off, simply switch to Dev the back to Prod mode, and the 'viewing' browser I then clear cache/etc. It's now just a habit that only takes several seconds, but saves me much frustration.
  • August 9, 2018 11:20 AM EDT

@Donna, We are working on providing instructions in our Help Center. We have already created for few plugins. For example for our certified plugin Page Directories plugin, we have created FAQs & Tutorials to help our clients.

More FAQs and Tutorials will be uploaded soon.

Regards

Team SES

• August 9, 2018 11:22 AM EDT
    bobby said:

@SES.. I tried this for a solution "b. You have changed the Mode of your website from Production to Development after making changes / installing the theme."

That seems to have worked thank you!...This post was not a complaint i just don't want to give out server details anymore and try to find other solutions... Anyway the theme works now and is perfect for my project!!

Thanks for confirming @Bobby. If you are happy with the theme, then we would be glad to have your reviews so that other clients can also take advantage of your feedback.

Regards

Team SES

• 2459 posts
    August 9, 2018 1:45 PM EDT
    gs said:
    Shouldn't instructions for Certified Productts be with the Product, in the MarketPlace? Nothing against your personal site (which is quite nice and helpful), but you already spend a lot of your free time on stuff SE, you often use your personal site for testing instead of SE provided/housed insttallations... I'm just asking for SE business stuff to be located on official resources they support and that are paid for and provided by them rather than a 3rd party owned/provided resource.

No, they link instructions in the Resources tab in their listings as I said above. My offer was in case an expert doesn't have a place to put their tutorials as my site is safe and is ok'd by SE officials as they are also members. They haven't been on it in a while but are members.

I do not use my forum for testing SE stuff. I use my ScriptTechs' forum for providing instructions, tutorial and other help.

• 2459 posts
    August 9, 2018 1:46 PM EDT
    SocialEngineSolutions said:

@Donna, We are working on providing instructions in our Help Center. We have already created for few plugins. For example for our certified plugin Page Directories plugin, we have created FAQs & Tutorials to help our clients.

More FAQs and Tutorials will be uploaded soon.

Regards

Team SES

Awesome!

• 2459 posts
    August 9, 2018 1:47 PM EDT
    bobby said:

That's great to hear :)