No Purchase Found

• 378 posts
    August 12, 2018 4:59 PM EDT

I just purchased a plugin via the marketplace and attempted to install it on my development site but get this error:

Is this due to attempting to install on a development site and it not being indicated in my dashboard here or?

Cheers

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 12, 2018 10:16 PM EDT

I'm curious about that because how does it 'know'?  That seems like a callback, i.e. why/what is it checking if it's a Certified purchase (I thought there was no verification for Certified purchases, but I could be wrong).  Who is checking for the purchase - SE or 3PD?

• August 13, 2018 2:41 AM EDT
    ITLJames said:

I just purchased a plugin via the marketplace and attempted to install it on my development site but get this error:

Is this due to attempting to install on a development site and it not being indicated in my dashboard here or?

Cheers

@James: It seems certified copy will work on URL configured for your SocialEngine. Our support team will contact you for dev site copy in support ticket.

Regards

Team SES

• 6923 posts
    August 13, 2018 4:59 AM EDT

Yes this is correct. What I do is set my local as a domain in my account but I have two licenses for that purpose. It should work to install on a dev site if you have it as a subdomain on your main domain, I think. (password protected directory)

• 378 posts
    August 13, 2018 8:41 AM EDT

I thought that the requirement was to have the dev site as follows:

development.mysite.com

• 6923 posts
    August 13, 2018 8:59 AM EDT

Yes but it needs to be password protected or in maintenance mode.

• 378 posts
    August 13, 2018 12:29 PM EDT

Hmmm mine is in maintenance mode

• 6923 posts
    August 13, 2018 1:00 PM EDT

Ok then the license check must not allow it. I thought it did but it would need to be improved to allow a dev site install when we update it next time.

• 378 posts
    August 13, 2018 1:20 PM EDT

cool beans - thanks

Happy to give you access to my dev site if you need to see what it going on

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 13, 2018 8:21 PM EDT

==> '...Ok then the license check must not allow it. I thought it did but it would need to be improved to allow a dev site install when we update it next time....'

What license check - SE or Plugin?  What happens if whoever/whatever is being called is down?  I didn't realize Certified Products were calling anything, in fact I thought they weren't supposed to.  What exactly is happening during install for Certified?  thx.

• 6923 posts
    August 14, 2018 4:51 AM EDT

@James, that's not necessary as it's due to the domain.

@gs, yes we have a license check on install to ensure a product has a license. We always have for SE official stuff and we do for certified. It's been mentioned all along as part of the anti-piracy or experts wouldn't want to list without their core callbacks and there would be no way to ensure the products are authorized on a site.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 14, 2018 11:12 AM EDT

Thanks @Donna.  I know the license callback was being considered but didn't realize it was implemented.

Q#01  What happens if the SE Servers are down (or in the very unlikely event SE no longer exists)?  

• 6923 posts
    August 15, 2018 5:14 AM EDT
    gs said:

Thanks @Donna.  I know the license callback was being considered but didn't realize it was implemented.

Q#01  What happens if the SE Servers are down (or in the very unlikely event SE no longer exists)?  

If the server is down, it would only impact probably .01% of the people for a very brief time. That percent of the people would be those that are trying to install the plugin at that exact same time that the server went down. The rest of the folks wouldn't even know there was a server issue. In that event, they could see the expert who made the plugin and that expert could install the plugin themselves. Not going into how to do that as then I would be telling how to null the certified plugins. Ain't happening.

As for the other concern, we have a LOT of plans and are well invested into the future of SE. We have absolutely no plans to leave the scene. However, to allay any fears of your plugins not working, it's the same scenario as the server being down. It only impacts installs. Experts know how to install their plugins without relying on the store checks.