Group

• 39 posts
    August 20, 2018 8:51 AM EDT

I want members of my website to be a member of one group only at a time, how can i do it please.

• 6923 posts
    August 20, 2018 1:39 PM EDT

You will need a customization for this.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 20, 2018 6:34 PM EDT

Something to consider before customizing Groups is to be sure you will continue to use it and not replace it with a 3PD Product.

I paid for a similar customization to SEAO's Groups/Communities Plugin.  The customization limits by ML the number of groups a User may create.  But I see the usefulness of your requirement.

I'd suggest for flexibility to consider adding 2 things to your idea:

1.  Use an ML setting 

2.  Use a value instead of forcing to 1 (which you may still do of course using the value of 1).  Later on you may wish to offer more memberships to higher MLs and possibly use as a monetization feature.

Also if possible, limit the code changes to the SE Groips code so future updates may be less work to implement your customization into.

• 39 posts
    August 23, 2018 7:15 AM EDT

Ok thanks, 

What if I want them to join only one network. 

• 6923 posts
    August 23, 2018 9:46 AM EDT

You can set up networks per the tutorial and have them assigned. In that way, they can't join any other network than the one or ones you assign them to. https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1649382-admin-panel---manage->-networks

• 39 posts
    August 23, 2018 11:49 AM EDT

Thanks Donna, how can i add the network to sign up form so that users can select their network during registration.

• 6923 posts
    August 24, 2018 4:53 AM EDT

You may want to choose the option to automatically assign them based on a profile question for that.

• 39 posts
    August 24, 2018 5:25 AM EDT

Thanks Donna I try it.