Community

Forums » SECloud Help and Tips

Hiding users of specific Member Level

• 31 posts
    August 26, 2018 12:34 PM EDT

Hello,

I may have stumbled upon a bug here. On my site, I'd like the Super Admins to be hidden from other users. So for the Super Admin member level settings, I've selected "Only Me" in the Profile Viewing Options section.

However when I log on with another account (which has the member level of a default user), I can see the Super Admin when I go on the Member Browse page. I can even click on Super Admin's profile. Shouldn't Super Admin no longer be visible on the Member Browse page, and also presumably a default user shouldn't be able to access that profile?

• 3756 posts
    August 27, 2018 5:23 AM EDT

Please see the stickied post for how to submit a bug and please post the rest of the required information. Thank you. Please also note that the privacy you show is for the Profile itself, not for the browse area. It also is the admin area setting and only impacts new signups. So the Super Admin user, as it was already signed up, would not be set to that setting yet. Please go to the front end and select the privacy for Only Me. 

Also, you have to set the setting front end for that user not to appear in the browse section. 

• 31 posts
    August 27, 2018 12:22 PM EDT

Thanks for your help Donna. This doesn't appear to be a bug. I've tested a few things following your response and managed to get things working. As per the sticky/your request, I'll follow the "submit a bug" procedure in future.

Thanks!

• 3756 posts
    August 27, 2018 1:17 PM EDT

Glad it's working. I'll move this to help and tips area for others in case they also need the same info. :)