Members Age - Search Page

• 201 posts
    August 29, 2018 4:52 PM EDT
    Hello All

I have noticed on my site and the demo there are 2 drop downs for age on members search page. I am only guessing maybe this is an age-range. I tried searching the language file for age to change to age-range but no luck. Is this intended to have 2 drop downs ? Would anyone know why ?
    • 6923 posts
    August 30, 2018 6:27 AM EDT

Yes it's a drop down so that people can search a range of ages such as 50-70 or whatever. Most people, when searching by age, would put in a range as they would be interested in a range of folks and not just a specific age.

• 201 posts
    August 30, 2018 1:33 PM EDT

Thank you @Donna.  Looks like the "Age" text cant be changed to "Age-Range" .  I cant find it in the default en language manager.  The Knowledge base says you can add a phrase but not how to assign it to replace "Age"

• 6923 posts
    August 30, 2018 4:28 PM EDT

I had no problem translating Age to Age Range.

When searching in the language manager, I searched for Age and it was on the second page of results. Yours may be further down if you have plugins with any "age" in them such as Pages.

• 201 posts
    August 30, 2018 5:01 PM EDT

@Donna Thank YOU.  The first "age" was on page 7 and it worked.  Most of all thanks for helping me because I actually never noticed the "next page" link.  Now I see why I have been missing so many words embarassed

• 6923 posts
    August 31, 2018 4:39 AM EDT

You're welcome and yeah that would explain the missing words lol. I have done similar things in the past too. I think we all do. cool

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 31, 2018 9:54 AM EDT

==> '...I think we all do....'

Yep, not just on screens either sad to say, sometimes more often than I'd like to admit to myself.

• 318 posts
    November 4, 2018 5:33 PM EST

Sorry, it's not just a problem with a NEXT button.

Many occurrences are missing. For me, a lot of worries with COVER PHOTOS.

I'm preparing a list to try to understand ...

Thanks for your help.