Site optimization

• 39 posts
    August 30, 2018 12:03 PM EDT

How can i optimize my website to load faster, it takes an average of 2 minutes to load.

• 378 posts
    August 30, 2018 12:11 PM EDT

2 minutes! it should be 1% of that!

We can't really help you though without details - Plugins, server etc etc Have you used a site such as gtmetrix.com to test your environment?

• 6923 posts
    August 30, 2018 4:33 PM EDT

Ditto to ITLJames' response. My site is very fast at BryZar and James' site loaded fast last I checked. He's with Cazaratech.

It does matter what plugins you have, what server package where you host, what PHP version the server uses, theme is HUGELY important too. I suggest a test with and without plugins loaded. Perhaps on a closed development site (requirement is for a development to be closed to the public and in a development or dev subfolder or subdomain of your main domain). 

• 39 posts
    August 31, 2018 3:51 AM EDT

Am using VPS with Zillion core and I 11 active plugins on my website, am also using allure theme by Social Engine Addon. My site is not yet open to the public am still setting it up. You can check it out. www.payvalue.ng

• 6923 posts
    August 31, 2018 4:41 AM EDT

Not able to as it's all logged in view. Sliders are notoriously slow though. I suggest testing with Insignia on a development site.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 31, 2018 9:50 AM EDT

The LP loaded quickly.  Have you asked your host to look into it along with cache settings?  What did SEAO Support have to say?

For reference, my Dev site isn't quick (2.5-3.5 sec page loads, LP slightly longer sad to say) but it's plugin-heavy (>100 with multiple 3PD Cores) and my VPS is only 8GB RAM using SSDs (don't recall which 4 core processor).  Even if cache is turned off and using PHP 5.* page loads drop to around 10-15 sec (not good of course, but nowhere near 120sec).

• 39 posts
    September 6, 2018 10:01 AM EDT

Thanks everyone i have been ab;e to resolve it, i disable development mode and enable production mode. Loads time is 5 seconds on the average.

• 378 posts
    September 6, 2018 10:45 AM EDT

Ahhhh lol - yup that will do it!

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 6, 2018 12:19 PM EDT
    Interesting because when I loaded the LP, it was reasonably quick when you were in Dev mode. For my site, when in Dev mode all pages load slowly (30-40 sec). Glad you figured it out.

Another thing I've noticed when things are suddenly slower than usual is Cache being disabled or somehow my Minify Plugin becoming Disabled.
    • 3 posts
    September 15, 2018 1:11 AM EDT

Hi Isaiah,

Yes, Socialengine slows down when it's in development mode and you can see the message on the top in the Admin panel.

If you want to speed up your website then I would recommend signup a free account on cloudflare.com. It shall not only speedup your website but also secure your website from malicious attacks.

Feel free to contact us if you have any question.

Regards,

iPragmatech Team

• 39 posts
    September 17, 2018 9:08 AM EDT

Thanks @iPragmatech Team i will check it out.