Inline CSS

• 10 posts
    September 2, 2018 7:20 PM EDT

How would someone use "INLINE CSS" in "Profile Questions" There isn't seems to be any information on this topic. Can anyone please give example on how to use it. 

\

Thank you!

• 6923 posts
    September 3, 2018 5:19 AM EDT

The tutorial mentions what to do. https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1644307-admin-panel---settings->-profile-questions you would need to know CSS though. 

• 10 posts
    September 3, 2018 12:33 PM EDT

Thank you Donna for your help.

When I open the link you provided it for the "Inline CSS" it says "You can provide a CSS class to the question so that you can style specific questions differently. You will need to define this class either in the source code or one of the CSS files editable in the Theme Editor."

I understand and know CSS but I am still not sure what to write in the "Inline CSS" field. 

For example if CSS is:

.example-section { display: inline-block; width: 31.1%; padding: 15px 25px; box-sizing: border-box; vertical-align: top; margin-right: 2%; margin-bottom: 2%; text-align: center; }

Do I type in: "example-section" inside the Inline CSS field? 

or:

?

Please advise

Thank you,

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at September 3, 2018 1:11 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    September 3, 2018 1:23 PM EDT

I'm not 100% sure. I haven't gotten it to work yet as I don't use this on my own site. I'll have to play around with it tomorrow as today is a holiday.

I edited your post to conform to our posted rules regarding code examples. Next time please follow the posted rules and use the code button next to the smiley when inputting code.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at September 3, 2018 1:24 PM EDT