Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

Responsive Allure Theme Privacy Settings Gone

• 159 posts
    September 11, 2018 3:19 AM EDT

Hello All,

I just installed a new SEAO theme thanks to help from some of you :)

A users privacy settings has all but disappeared. 

The drop down options are gone - checked all browsers.

All that is left is Everyone & All members (Which I think is the same laughing)

The Friends, Networks & Only Me are gone - vanished. 

I wasn't able to find any settings for this.  

I have emailed the nice lady from SEAO for help.

Has anyone heard of this before.   

• 2594 posts
    September 11, 2018 5:04 AM EDT

Check in your admin panel for the member level settings you've set for those. The kb has tutorials for member levels and for each plugin. Most likely you've set the default privacy settings to only show Everyone (which is guests and site members) and All Members (which is all members of the site).

• 159 posts
    September 11, 2018 5:30 AM EDT

Thanks @Donna I did have all my settings correct before theme install.  Looks like its reproducible here: /members/edit/profile on their demo site.  I can see now they are not actually missing and its a CSS issue with the theme.  The globe privacy settings drop downs on the profile questions page has some formatting issue that causes only half the box to show.  I am sure the nice lady at SEAO will resolve.  Whew...I was worried. laughing

• 2594 posts
    September 11, 2018 5:32 AM EDT

Is that a certified theme? We can't have it hiding privacy if so. 

• 159 posts
    September 11, 2018 5:40 AM EDT

I bought it via SE MarketPlace so I think that means yes?

• 2594 posts
    September 11, 2018 5:44 AM EDT

Which theme?

• 159 posts
    September 11, 2018 5:51 AM EDT

Allure

I inspected thier demo and resolved it by checking off overflow but the globes are not clickable still in iOS that is beyond my basic knowledge.

div.form-wrapper, #global_page_user-edit-profile .global_form > div > div, #global_page_user-edit-profile .global_form>div {

overflow: hidden;

}

• 2594 posts
    September 11, 2018 5:52 AM EDT

I'll test it again as we can't have it in the marketplace if it does that. They'll have to fix it. One benefit of having certified plugins is that you don't have to pay for bug fixes to plugins. 

• 159 posts
    September 11, 2018 5:56 AM EDT

It only occurs in the select type drop downs vs. the About me type boxes - but none of the globes can be selected in iOS.

• 2594 posts
    September 11, 2018 6:19 AM EDT

Yeah it doesn't work on mac either. Just tested. They'll have to fix it in the theme. 

• gs
    • 820 posts
    September 11, 2018 9:18 AM EDT
    == '...One benefit of having certified plugins is that you don't have to pay for bug fixes to plugins....'

As well as using excellent 3PDs. 8-9 3PDs I've purchased (over 125) non-certified products from have fixed issues in their products at N/C - even years after the purchase.

• 2594 posts
    September 11, 2018 9:19 AM EDT
    gs said:
    == '...One benefit of having certified plugins is that you don't have to pay for bug fixes to plugins....' As well as using excellent 3PDs. 8-9 3PDs I've purchased (over 125) non-certified products from have fixed issues in their products at N/C - even years after the purchase.

That's great for you. We've seen many tickets in which clients have been asked to purchase support in order to get bug fixes. So, this is a benefit. We also require support for certified plugins for a specified amount of time for purchased (not free) plugins.

• gs
    • 820 posts
    September 11, 2018 11:02 AM EDT

Ouch :)  Whether support is paid for separately or is paid for as part of the higher cost of Certified products, either way - we're paying for support (which I feel we should to a certain extent) and in some cases the Certified process.  Someone somewhere pays for anything that is 'free' or 'included' - regardless of the product (except for natural resources I guess, but that's another discussion).

• 159 posts
    September 12, 2018 8:35 AM EDT
    Update: SEAO has resolved the hidden privacy issue and the IOS non-clickable globe issue. Not sure what was done but it was very quick support. Thanks.
    • 2594 posts
    September 12, 2018 9:30 AM EDT

Thank you for updating this thread. Yes, they have fixed the theme and we re-approved it after setting it to disabled yesterday. Anyone that may have tried to download this yesterday, it is now available for download.

• 145 posts
    October 22, 2018 2:58 PM EDT

That's great for you. We've seen many tickets in which clients have been asked to purchase support in order to get bug fixes. So, this is a benefit. We also require support for certified plugins for a specified amount of time for purchased (not free) plugins.

Good to know.

Thanks Donna.