Question about organizing users and photo albums for adult site

• 5 posts
    September 25, 2018 3:42 PM EDT

Hi Everyone, 

I want to use Social Engine as a paid photo gallery.  I think I can do it, but I'm a little lost when it comes to setting this up and was wondering if anyone could help. 

The setup I would like is something like this: 

Models would upload 2 types of images:  "Free" images (non-nude),  and "Members only" images which would contain nudity. 

Regular users would have access to see the "Free" images above, but would have to pay a monthly fee to see the images in "Members only". 

I am a little lost when it comes to setting up the relationship between user levels and image privacy levels.  If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. 

• 378 posts
    September 26, 2018 11:15 AM EDT

Hey Mark

I run an "adult" site as well

It feels (to me) the way you want to restrict access will be a moderation headache as you would need to manually authorize each upload to ensure non-nude/nude placement is correctly followed. Maybe not when you are starting out but for sure as the site grows.

Would it make sense for what you want to accomplish to have a free membership that has restricted access rights and then a subscription membership that allows full access. I would take a look at some of the plugins in the marketplace as well as I think you may be well served with a few of them

• 5 posts
    September 26, 2018 12:40 PM EDT

Hi James, 

Thanks for the reply and you're right - I would want this process to be automated.  Manual authorization would be a real time-killer. 

What plug-ins would you suggest?

• 378 posts
    September 26, 2018 12:45 PM EDT

It really depends on what the vision of your site is.

You can pretty much do what you want to do with the stock script and creating member levels and then get a payment gateway that allows adult content. (there are not many)

If you want deeper control and more bells and whistles then plugins would come into play like advanced members or advanced albums etc

• 5 posts
    September 26, 2018 12:55 PM EDT

Payment gateways aren't the issue for us in this case as we already have alot of experience in that arena.  What I'm stuck on I think is the the organization. 

For example: 

In Member Levels, I have setup a new member level, called "Premium Members". This would be for paying members. 

Then in the Photo Album plug-in, I want to setup a type of gallery that only Premium members can access. 

Problem is that I can't seem to do it.  It seems that in Photo Album,  I can make all albums available only to preimum, or only to public, etc.  There isn't a second level of photo album that I can make accessible to premium members.

Do you understand what I mean? I apologize if I'm not explaining it right...

• 378 posts
    September 26, 2018 1:10 PM EDT

Gotcha and am not sure that is available as an option to dedicate certain albums only to paid members.

@GS recommended a plugin to me awhile back that dove deep into content control - maybe he will chime in

• 5 posts
    September 26, 2018 1:20 PM EDT

Tks for your help! Standing by...

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 26, 2018 7:54 PM EDT

@ITLJames

I'm stumped.  Are you referring to the Web80 Core Plugin that controls widgets by MLs?  Or maybe Webhive's Access Mgr?  Both links are below.

Access Mgr allows blocking pages (URLs) by ML, so for example the nude pgs could be blocked for non-paying members.  It also allows wildcards.  Nevertheless, as you mentioned, there's no control over the User (model) uploading content to the wrong Album.  Plus, it's the User that selects the Album's Privacy Setting (from what ADMIN allows, such as Everyone and All Reg Members).  Could Networks be somehow used for this?  SES and SEAO have Advanced Photo Album Plugins (links below).

@2MuchMark

I'd suggest contacting SES and/or SEAO with your requirements and asking them how (not if, but how) their Plugin could be used/configured to meet your objectives, possibly through Networks.  But no matter what is used or how configured, I simply don't see a way to prevent nude stuff from appearing where it shouldn't because you're relying on the User to do so.

https://plugins.click/socialengine/core-plugin

https://webhive.com.ua/store/product.php?id_product=69

https://www.socialenginesolutions.com/social-engine/advanced-photos-albums-plugin/

https://www.socialengineaddons.com/socialengine-advanced-photo-albums-plugin

• 378 posts
    September 26, 2018 10:01 PM EDT

Yup ^^^ Those are the two I was thinking of GS

• 5 posts
    September 27, 2018 9:34 AM EDT

Got it - Thanks everyone for your help!