New User Signup Notification

• 378 posts
    September 25, 2018 4:15 PM EDT

Hey all

When a new member joins our site in my admin newsfeed I see a notification:

I would like this to be the case for all member levels and when I go to Activity Feed Item Type Settings I have this:

Am I missing something to have the above notification show for all?

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 25, 2018 9:06 PM EDT

What is the Feed Content setting set to?

• 6923 posts
    September 26, 2018 5:04 AM EDT

Don't you have an advanced feed? If so, isn't the setting in that?

• 378 posts
    September 26, 2018 10:51 AM EDT

I run SES advanced feed and do not see a setting within it to allow or disallow the new member signup feed post.

@GS - my feed content is set to friends & networks... which would make sense for the feed not posting to all except my admin account (my site is to large to have it set to all members) - What I am looking for is a workaround to this though for just this one feed post as it will insight a bunch of interactions as new members signup

• 378 posts
    September 26, 2018 10:53 AM EDT

Do you think creating a new network for New Members and having them auto assigned to the network would work? Is there a way to retroactively add all members on the site?

• 378 posts
    September 26, 2018 11:02 AM EDT

Ok here is my "fix" that worked!

I created a hidden network that auto assigned both of my profile types and viola! Keep in mind with larger sites it feels like the process is frozen as it adds all of your members to the network... it took mine quite a long time to complete!

Cheers!

• 6923 posts
    September 26, 2018 11:28 AM EDT

Awesome fix and great post. Always helpful when you post solutions.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 26, 2018 8:04 PM EDT

Great solution.  Is there any downside to using Networks (i.e. walks that are now created preventing some other functionality/sharing/etc?)