How do I reset my SE account to Factory Default?

• 8 posts
    October 19, 2018 11:40 AM EDT

I started working on my SE site, added and deleted widgets and add ons. However, I want to reset everything back to the original configuration. I am trying to add a new Theme from Social Engine Solutions and a ton of their widgets are not showing up because of my earlier work. I want to start from scratch and be able to add their theme without anything missing.

How do I do a factory reset so I don't have to go back in and repopulate all the widgets manually?

PS. I would prefer to keep all the content I have in the site but it is not absolutely necessary.

• 6923 posts
    October 19, 2018 12:29 PM EDT

You would install a fresh site. Otherwise, you need to get the experts to remove their plugins and all database entries, modifications, source code modifications. There is no easy way to reset to default at this time.

• 8 posts
    October 19, 2018 12:55 PM EDT

Thanks Donna!

How would I go about installing a fresh site? Would I lose the access to all the plugins that i already purchased?

• 6923 posts
    October 19, 2018 4:28 PM EDT

Sorry for the late reply. I'm on cell data due to the hurricane damage here. https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1667583-installing-socialengine yes a fresh site would be totally new with no data or anything.

Plugins would still install fine as long as you have the domain set to your license at socialengine.com/login . 

If they are third party that you didn't buy from the marketplace, please contact those experts to ask about their plugins. I don't think there would be issues. 

If you want to keep the content, one of the experts that you use for your plugins may be able to remove stuff for a fee perhaps. 

• October 23, 2018 2:27 AM EDT
    Dustin said:

I started working on my SE site, added and deleted widgets and add ons. However, I want to reset everything back to the original configuration. I am trying to add a new Theme from Social Engine Solutions and a ton of their widgets are not showing up because of my earlier work. I want to start from scratch and be able to add their theme without anything missing.

How do I do a factory reset so I don't have to go back in and repopulate all the widgets manually?

PS. I would prefer to keep all the content I have in the site but it is not absolutely necessary.

@Dustin: We would be glad to assist you in fresh installation, if you have not already done at your end.

Please contact our support team if you need any assistance.

Regards

Team SES