Announcements close button

• July 27, 2017 3:41 AM EDT

Hello friends, i hope i opened good this topic in this area.

Please give me a feedback on my small problem ... as i remember in the past it was a close button for the announcements.For example the user can see my announce and then he can close it if he doesn't want to see it anymore.

Is this right ? If yes and also other clients have the same problem not having close button then i will open a subject in bug section.

Thank you very much for your help !

• 6923 posts
    July 27, 2017 5:07 AM EDT

I had asked about that when I first came to SE. I've never had a close button and so I submitted a feature request for one. As far as I know, with my site starting on 4.8.13, there isn't a close button. I don't know about prior versions.

• July 27, 2017 6:07 AM EDT

Thank you for your reply ... that;s why i asked because i know i had this option but i don't remember if it was an old version of SE or it was on PHP Fox because i have used also that script in the past ... then i will open a feature request for this option as is quite nice to read the message, be on top of it and close it after understand it so is not fill the space for nothing.

Thank you again, have a nice day !

• 629 posts
    September 9, 2017 4:21 AM EDT

Deleted member?

I use an empty html field hidden inside a tab container to close announcements which is the only other thing inside the tab container. You put the html block last with the title close and it does it. Works on every other widget two, like a mini sidebar!