Groups & Events | Limit Quantity

• 201 posts
    November 23, 2018 4:07 PM EST

Hello Everyone,

Anyone know a way to limit the number of groups or events a user is allowed to create.  Didn't think it was an issue until a member created 30 groups. I've searched without success.

• 303 posts
    November 24, 2018 4:27 AM EST
    I had a look and couldn’t find anything that would implement a limit. I think this is a good addition to be added to groups.
  • gs
    • 857 posts
    November 24, 2018 9:44 AM EST

This is s customization I paid SEAO to add to 3 of their similar Plugins.  Actually it's two-fold: limit the total # by ML and also limit the total # of each type (ex. certain MLs can have 1 Free Group, others may have more).

• 275 posts
    November 24, 2018 2:46 PM EST
    Limit Events
    ----------------------------
    gs said:

This is s customization I paid SEAO to add to 3 of their similar Plugins.  Actually it's two-fold: limit the total # by ML and also limit the total # of each type (ex. certain MLs can have 1 Free Group, others may have more).

As gs suggested -you can limit by Member Level.

SEAO's Advanced Events plugin has an option to do that by Member Level built in.

• 201 posts
    November 28, 2018 10:16 AM EST

Great thanks everyone for the feedback I bet SE adds in in 5.0

• 6923 posts
    November 28, 2018 10:56 AM EST

Ordinarily this would require a feature request to be considered but I've added it to our list for improvements in a future release after our next release. We already had a feature list for our next release and it's too late to add to that.

• 629 posts
    November 30, 2018 1:33 AM EST

Wish this could be added for photos, music, videos, blogs, forum topics, polls and classifieds also.

• 6923 posts
    November 30, 2018 4:57 AM EST
    Elshara Silverheart said:

Wish this could be added for photos, music, videos, blogs, forum topics, polls and classifieds also.

Already ahead of you on that except forum.

• 629 posts
    November 30, 2018 4:31 PM EST

Good to know. It isn't a feature I'd need, but I know that people require something setup like this for business related ventures.