Can't find a group

• 217 posts
    December 30, 2018 12:52 PM EST

Can anyone explain why a group does not show up in a user's group tab when it is created using the parameters in the attached screenshot?  Thanks!

• 201 posts
    December 30, 2018 4:11 PM EST

Is the member viewing the tab also a member of the group?

• 6923 posts
    December 31, 2018 5:11 AM EST

If the member isn't a member of the group as Miami Shade asked, then they won't see it. I also think you should test with the search enabled just to see if it shows.

• 217 posts
    December 31, 2018 12:14 PM EST

Yes the member is a member of the group because they created the group!  The Members in the groups can be seen in the following screenshot.  Neither admin nor linda (both group members) can see the group in their groups tab.  Take another look at the screenshot sent yesterday to see if there is anything in what I have selected that may explain this.  

• 6923 posts
    December 31, 2018 12:41 PM EST
    Donna said:

I also think you should test with the search enabled just to see if it shows.

• 217 posts
    January 1, 2019 3:10 PM EST

Just did.  It did not show.  See screenshot:

• 201 posts
    January 1, 2019 3:37 PM EST

It's been months and I am still learning new things.  In almost all of my many issues it was a setting somewhere. By process of elimination these are the first 3 questions that should all be "yes".

1. Is this the default SE Groups plugin
    2. Is the block "profile groups" published in the tab container on member profile
    3. Is the member level looking set to "allow viewing of groups..." in plugin

• 217 posts
    January 3, 2019 8:49 PM EST

1. Is this the default SE Groups plugin

Yes

2. Is the block "profile groups" published in the tab container on member profile

I don't know what this means.  Please take a look at the attached Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 8.40.59 pm to look at the member profile.  What do you mean by the "tab container" on this page?  I have also taken a shot of the groups tab for the member.  This can be seen in Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 8.42.28 pm.  A different group called "NYs 1st for HR 67" shows up but the "New York's 1st District" group does not show.  I have attached the settings I used to create the group that shows called "NYs 1st for HR 67" in Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 8.43.57 pm below.  The screenshots are presented in the order that they are mentioned within this paragraph.  Could you tell me which of the settings used when"New York's 1st District" group was set up (those settings ca be seen in the first screenshot in this thread,) may be causing that group not to show up in the member's group tab?  Thanks.

• 201 posts
    January 3, 2019 9:23 PM EST

On the members profile page in your layout editor is the profile groups block published below updates, info, friends (Your 1st image - on Linda's profile)

This post was edited by Miami Shade at January 3, 2019 9:30 PM EST
    • 6923 posts
    January 4, 2019 5:02 AM EST

You have View Privacy to Everyone and you have Include in Search to Everyone in your newest screenshot. This would allow it to show up as it's not a private group.

• 119 posts
    March 1, 2019 5:38 PM EST

Your setting are correct in the last pic. Delete the group and recreate it with the right settings from the start, this often helps.

Messing with the setting gives an error in the core for some reason, if you stay on the same page. If you go off it after saving, the next time you change the settings and save it again it normally works. It is like it doesn't clear the settings after you save the settings or it has a blip when the server is busy or your internet connection drops.