SocialEngine Marketplace Improvements

• 6923 posts
    February 11, 2019 1:12 PM EST

In a continuing effort provide the best possible experience for our clients and experts, we’re making changes to the SocialEngine marketplace. Along with changing the name from SocialEngine Marketplace to SocialEngine Store, this post will outline the changes that we are confident will improve the experience for all parties involved.There have been many misunderstandings as to what “certified” products should be and we want to improve the process. For this reason we are discontinuing the certification of products for now. In future planned updates, we’ll introduce a better method of providing products that SocialEngine can more confidently stand behind.

Clients can still purchase third party products from the SocialEngine Store and download those purchases from within their client dashboard. Store terms have not changed and all products that have been purchased are still available in your accounts. The only change other than the store name and design is that moving forward we will no longer be testing the products listed in the store.

Experts can and should still submit their products to the SocialEngine store. There will no longer be a testing fee as we’ve removed the testing of products. Please keep in mind, however, that there is still a listing commission. We will be reviewing each submission to check that the listing conforms to our posting standards and guidelines. Core edits and callbacks are still not allowed. Terms regarding product support and expert conduct have not changed and are still expected to meet or exceed the posted guidelines. Products can be listed at the expert’s site but can still only be sold in the store and not at the expert’s site.

These upcoming improvements will include an updated design to the store aimed at better showcasing products and providing a much faster website. Further improvements in our roadmap include installation and purchase of store products right within the admin panel, better product review system, code review of products to ensure standards are met, discount coupons, better bundling ability, and much more.

Stay tuned to SocialEngine announcements and the community as we post more updates!

Thank you all for your continued loyalty to the SocialEngine brand. Our team is always humbled by the love and dedication that our community sends our way.

Sincerely,
    The SocialEngine Team

“If we know the divine art of concentration, if we know the divine art of meditation, if we know the divine art of contemplation, easily and consciously we can unite the inner world and the outer world.”~Sri Chinmoy

• gs
    • 857 posts
    February 11, 2019 11:12 PM EST

smh... and this is less confusing?  and better?  more time and money wasted by ADMINs and 3PDs.

• 629 posts
    February 12, 2019 1:13 AM EST
    I have to agree with you. This just puts developers in less communication with SE core team. This is a conflicting statement. On one hand, you review apps for code injections, core edits and such. But on the other, you say you don't test the product does what it's supposed to. Not that you should, I mean we all are adults here. But in case people want to act childish, what happens now? I mean it would be better to place new products in a queue until the others are released and finalized. or hire a team to manage pending products.
    I feel mixed on this. Things feel stagnant here. No real new updates have happened lately since say 4.10 which came out quite some time ago. This is nothing new, but what is new, is more of the silence from everyone. The competition is moving forward, and SE's installation script times out before it can even right itself. This is just one of many current bugs still not fixed yet. While you say the critical security fixes have been pointed out by other clients, I've yet to see a roadmap for what's currently being worked on through your own ideas, even in private area. This latest announcement will promise either one of 3 things. You're putting developers back to work on your own product, instead of having them test the work of others full time. You aren't making any further developments in the near future. Or you are considering selling out the project to another firm. Something tells me there's a related spanner in the works that hasn't yet come down the line. So I'm half expecting the penny to drop.
    Here's hoping for a complete overhall of SE5. Please pretty please, surprise us with SE5.
    gs said:

smh... and this is less confusing?  and better?  more time and money wasted by ADMINs and 3PDs.

• 6923 posts
    February 12, 2019 4:17 AM EST

@ElShara - we aren't selling out. Quite the contrary. Very Very Very excited team

@gs - yes it makes things better with improvements coming.  

• gs
    • 857 posts
    February 12, 2019 9:23 AM EST

==> `Products can be listed at the expert’s site but can still only be sold in the store and not at the expert’s site.'

So now all products must be sold only through your store?  I thought some experts were still selling non-certified at their site which I thought was allowed.  i.e. until a product was certified it couldn't be sold at all?  so now no prods are certified, do there's no difference?  all this time and expense and hassles are now moot? 

• 6923 posts
    February 12, 2019 9:29 AM EST
    gs said:

==> `Products can be listed at the expert’s site but can still only be sold in the store and not at the expert’s site.'

So now all products must be sold only through your store?  I thought some experts were still selling non-certified at their site which I thought was allowed.  i.e. until a product was certified it couldn't be sold at all?  so now no prods are certified, do there's no difference?  all this time and expense and hassles are now moot? 

It has been this way all along since the certified marketplace opened for any listings in the store. There is a difference. They still cannot modify core or database and can contain no callbacks. They still have to provide support. Also, if there are complaints, a product can be removed from listings to further encourage faster responses to issues. 

• gs
    • 857 posts
    February 12, 2019 9:38 AM EST

Here is the confusion - I'm asking about products not in your store.  The section I previously quoted just states 'products', whereas (for a while) there were cert and non-cert products.  So may 3PD sell products that are not in your store from their own site?

• 6923 posts
    February 12, 2019 3:11 PM EST

"for any listings in the store"

If a listing is in our store it cannot be sold elsewhere. These have been the terms for quite a while. Hope that helps.

• 303 posts
    February 12, 2019 5:08 PM EST

Some more SE5 info would be awesome. 

• 6923 posts
    February 12, 2019 8:20 PM EST

We understand but please keep this post on topic. Update info will be in another thread.

• 348 posts
    February 13, 2019 6:49 AM EST

Hi @Donna,

The improvements are really helpful and have simplified the process for all. We look forward to upcoming enhancements in future!

Regards,

Team SEAO

• 6923 posts
    February 13, 2019 7:00 AM EST

Thank you SEAO! Yeah lots more coming. The speed of the new site is just amazing!