Forums » SEU Help and Tips

Beta Trial

• 256 posts
    February 28, 2019 4:51 PM EST

This looks so amazing. I clicked the link in the blog post to trial for 7 days & couldn't get the subdomain process setup. It would just hang & hang. Is this an option yet?

• 5084 posts
    March 1, 2019 7:51 AM EST

You would need to give more details as everyone else is setting up Unite sites without issue. Can you please provide more info on the subdomain you are trying or please contact our support desk to have a look :) If you mean a custom domain, yes that works. I've got mine on a custom domain. 

Glad you like the look of it!

• 256 posts
    March 1, 2019 9:20 AM EST

Hi Donna - looks like it did create the subdomain and I got in via my SE new awesome dashboard.  looking forward to my 7 days & getting off the cloud.

This post was edited by Miami Shade at March 1, 2019 9:28 AM EST
    • 5084 posts
    March 1, 2019 9:25 AM EST

OMG it is sooo nice isn't it? I'm going to make my photography site on it. :)

• 256 posts
    March 1, 2019 9:29 AM EST

Super fast 

• 5084 posts
    March 1, 2019 9:35 AM EST

Yeah it is amazingly fast. If someone reports an item and you are in admin or anyplace logged in as admin, you get the notification instantly. With NO extra server load! 

• 256 posts
    March 1, 2019 9:36 AM EST

I already have thousand questions LOL

• 5084 posts
    March 1, 2019 9:44 AM EST

LOL check the Learning Center first to see tutorials. cool https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/491572/socialengine-unite

• 5084 posts
    March 1, 2019 9:45 AM EST

More documentation will be coming.

• 30 posts
    March 8, 2019 6:44 AM EST

I have just jumped in to SE Unite.

A couple of things of concern in order of importance.

1. Custom Domains. We should be able to point our A records at an IP address or set of IP addresses as many sites do not use www any longer. We don't want to. Most SaaS products allow this, Shopify for example. I want people to be able to go to https://mydomain.com without the www.
    2. API. I see a robust API as critical to the success of this new product. To be able to write custom mobile apps it's a must.
    3. Search seems flaky, what search platform is being used, if it's elastic it needs to be tuned.

These are my first impressions. Not being able to set a custom root domain is a deal breaker for me.

• 5084 posts
    March 8, 2019 6:48 AM EST

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting. Please see our feature request and bug sections as each have instructions for how to submit bugs or feature requests.

The API is robust. There is no documentation yet. It'll be coming.

Custom domains are being improved soon. Please add your feature request for what you want so we don't miss it. 

Search is elastic search. Please don't test the demo for that as it's older code. We'll be updating it soon. After we update the demo, please test it at that time. If a bug is found, please see the bug section for reporting.

• 5084 posts
    March 8, 2019 7:10 AM EST

I've added your Custom domain comment to our SSL issue just to make sure it's part of it but our core developer did say it is coming. I had already added the www issue before to it a few weeks ago but hadn't added anything about multiple IP addresses. 

• 30 posts
    March 8, 2019 7:42 AM EST
    Donna said:

I've added your Custom domain comment to our SSL issue just to make sure it's part of it but our core developer did say it is coming. I had already added the www issue before to it a few weeks ago but hadn't added anything about multiple IP addresses. 

The only reason I mentioned multiple IP addresses is that seunite.com resolves to two IP addresses. In most circumstances a SaaS customer front end facing product will resolve to one.

• 5084 posts
    March 8, 2019 8:25 AM EST

We are in beta atm.

• 5084 posts
    March 8, 2019 8:26 AM EST

I am asking a core developer as this isn't my expertise.

• 5084 posts
    March 8, 2019 8:36 AM EST
    Robert said:
    Donna said:

The only reason I mentioned multiple IP addresses is that seunite.com resolves to two IP addresses. In most circumstances a SaaS customer front end facing product will resolve to one.

Ok got an answer. :)

well at the moment our domain can point to many IPs, depending on our load balancer and the actual load balancer in use. The work we will do in regards to SSL will take care of this

• 30 posts
    March 9, 2019 2:47 AM EST

Are verification emails working yet?

I've had to switch require users to verify email off as it seems they're not being sent.

Is there a setting I could be missing?