"Likes" in Forum

• 128 posts
    March 22, 2019 3:15 PM EDT

We have just opened our first Forum which is a book study. I thought that members would be able to "like" each others posts, etc. We have the SEAO Likes Plugin and Widgets and I thought I had it turned on. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?TIA

Nancy

• 128 posts
    March 22, 2019 3:18 PM EDT

Here is what a forum topic looks like...no "like" button to be found. undecided

• 6923 posts
    March 22, 2019 3:49 PM EDT

Post moved to third party product discussions

• 6923 posts
    March 25, 2019 4:29 AM EDT

Did you ask SEAO? They can help since it is their plugin. I'm sure they will answer.

• 348 posts
    March 26, 2019 12:47 AM EDT
    nancers said:

We have just opened our first Forum which is a book study. I thought that members would be able to "like" each others posts, etc. We have the SEAO Likes Plugin and Widgets and I thought I had it turned on. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?TIA

Nancy

Hi Nancers,

Please make sure that you have added all the Database Table Items  for Forum Module in the Manage Modules Section of Likes Plugin & Widgets. I have attached a screenshot for your reference. 

In case of any queries, please feel free to reach out to us at support@socialengineaddons.com.

Best Regards,

Team SocialEngineAddOns

• 629 posts
    March 29, 2019 5:02 AM EDT

I'm surprised that's a requirement for that module.

• 128 posts
    April 21, 2019 11:42 AM EDT

Those are my current settings. I'm logged in as Super Admin, and it looks like items are greyed out...I am not able to change forum_topic to forum_post as you demonstrated in your screenshot.

Any suggestions appreciated
    Nancy

• 348 posts
    April 22, 2019 3:58 AM EDT

Hi Nancy,

You need to add a new entry for forum module instead of making changes in the old one. Please follow below steps :

a) Go to the Admin Panel of Likes Plugin & Widgets : Manage Modules Section.

b) Click on Add New Module for Likes.

c) Select Content Module : "forum" and Database Table Item : "forum_post".

d) Add Singular and Plural Title and Save Changes.

Best Regards,

Team SocialEngineAddOns

This post was edited by SocialEngineAddOns at April 22, 2019 4:01 AM EDT
    • 128 posts
    April 22, 2019 6:15 AM EDT

I do not have the option to select the content module:  "forum"

Also, it looks like Forum was created during installation, but it's not working as per my screen shot above and this one.

• 348 posts
    April 22, 2019 8:20 AM EDT

Hi Nancy,

Please reach out to our Support Team at support@socialengineaddons.com for this. Our team will check and assist you.

Best Regards,

Team SocialEngineAddOns

• 128 posts
    April 23, 2019 11:23 AM EDT

I have Emailed you, but it would be nice if the solution was posted here in case someone else runs across the same problem, right?

• 6923 posts
    April 24, 2019 5:16 AM EDT
    nancers said:

I have Emailed you, but it would be nice if the solution was posted here in case someone else runs across the same problem, right?

Big thumbs up to that. cool

• 348 posts
    April 24, 2019 8:58 AM EDT
    nancers said:

Based on the screenshots you have added, we found that you are using SocialEngine's Forum Plugin on your end which lets you only like forum topics and there is no button to like forum posts.

Here, the forums posts are being shown as listings under a topic and a user can only like the overall topic but not the posts added in that topic.

Please refer to the screenshot attached.