Forums » SEU Help and Tips

Question About SEU

• 142 posts
    April 2, 2019 2:21 PM EDT

We have just discovered the new SEU concept. We are a little concerned because we have invested a lot in 3 news websites and we have questions :

1) Can we host our sites SEU ourselves ?
    We want to keep control of our content.
    On the other hand, we have developed external solutions that we do not want to lose.

2) Will it be necessary to redeem all Addons and Themes?

3) Will we have to have monthly subscriptions on the plugins to be able to use the system ?
    (We do not want to pay monthly. Once the addons paid, why pay again.
    We understand your economic model but that's not what we prefer. We left Boonex for this reason.)

4) Can we migrate our sites to SEU with our Addons already acquired ?
    Some are fantastic (SEA) and I do not see how you could provide the same services.
    Basic services are currently very limited in functionality !

I thank you in advance for your answers.
    We will surely have many more in the future.

Regards

This post was edited by Lovea at April 2, 2019 2:22 PM EDT
    • 5088 posts
    April 3, 2019 5:38 AM EDT

Please check the forum before posting in order to avoid asking questions which have been answered. http://community.socialengine.com/forums/1/news-info-and-announcements We have sneak peeks, roadmap and a letter from the CEO with answers to your questions. Once you've reviewed everything, please feel free to come back with other questions. :)

• 142 posts
    April 4, 2019 1:33 PM EDT

We have read carefully all these pages.

However many points are not explained.

That's why I grouped our questions together. We will re-read your documentation, but it is not always very clear.

The most important question for us is : Will SE PHP always be updated after 2020 or will it need to migrate to SEU. We like PHP very much and we do not want to migrate if the system will be followed by your teams. Can you confirm us ?

Thank you again for your help.

This post was edited by Lovea at April 4, 2019 1:39 PM EDT
    • 5088 posts
    April 5, 2019 5:48 AM EDT
    • 292 posts
    April 9, 2019 12:15 PM EDT

Hello Folks.
    Mikel here.. Hello Donna... I been away for a while.
    Ive been browsing the new SEUnite.. I like it...I like it a lot..
    Ive been trying to understand all the comments and concerns and the info about the new Unite.. ( I think I fell asleep a couple of times reading all the info and comments ).. I have trialled it on desk top and mobile device and like the feel of it..
    For me, im less of a tech and more of a 'get your hands on it and have a play' so the 'nuts and bolts' things don't technically compute with my brain.

So my plan is to stop accepting new members onto my sephp site and direct them to the new Unite site when I get it.

So just a couple of questions..
    1, when is expected time of full Unite site being launched ( not as Beta )
    b, can I get Unite (beta) now as a live site and have it hosted on BryZar ...

thanks
    mikel

• 5088 posts
    April 9, 2019 2:35 PM EDT

Hi Mikel, we don't have a time nailed down yet for the download version. As soon as Unite is out of beta, we'll have a better idea on a more precise timeline for it. We are working hard to get that ready though. So our SaaS Unite will be up first out of beta. Then will come the Importer for current cloud clients to get them moved over and sometime thereafter will be download version.

Unfortunately, at this time there isn't any way to get Unite other than the SaaS but we are working hard to get that download ready. Once it is, BryZar will have their packages as we'll get them the details for requirements. We'll also post requirements at our documents area for other hosts. Not a lot will offer NodeJS, React, Elasticsearch, etc that Unite will require though. 

• 292 posts
    April 10, 2019 6:13 AM EDT

Thanks Donna..

cant wait..

mikel.