Manipulating the data base in excel

• 217 posts
    May 14, 2019 10:24 AM EDT

I need to be able to transfer the items in the data base into an excel spreadsheet. How do I do this?

I need it for a number of reasons.  (I need to ensure there are no duplicate IP addresses and I need to be able to place users in categories so I can list names and addresses of users in each category.)

• 303 posts
    May 14, 2019 3:47 PM EDT

So best way i can think of to do this is export your database as a CSVfor msfile then open with excel, how it would look i dont know. If it looks funky try using just CSV, Click custom and just make sure that use fields as name

This is done through cPanel> myphpadmin > select your database > click engine4_users> click export and do the above. 

This post was edited by PeppaPigKilla at May 14, 2019 3:48 PM EDT
    • 474 posts
    May 16, 2019 12:15 PM EDT

Hello cmackie and pepperpigkilla.

im mikel.

Just reading your chat about IP Addresses. I don't know where you both are based, Uk or USA ??? Im in the UK.

It has been my experience that Domestic customer IP Addresses are not (fixed Location Addresses) meaning sometimes after a couple of weeks they can change, so if person A has IP address 123456789 today, in 2 weeks it could be 918273645.

Only business customers have fixed location IP addresses. or if domestic users pay the internet provider for a fixed IP Address.
    I tried the same system you want to try, I gave up in the end as even my own IP address would change from time to time.

Im not saying you should not do what you want to do, more just a heads up on a issue I had when trying the same idea. I gave up after 3 months and had a £0.01 signup fee for each account. this way I new if the same card had several accounts and what accounts they had..

Anyway,,good look with your plan..

mikel

• 217 posts
    May 19, 2019 11:04 AM EDT

Thanks Mikel!

• 217 posts
    May 19, 2019 11:04 AM EDT

I will try your suggestion Peppa.  Thanks!

• 217 posts
    May 19, 2019 11:05 AM EDT

Does anyone know whether if someone's IP address changes whether the database reflects the change or whether the database only shows the original IP address recorded during sign up?

• 303 posts
    May 19, 2019 12:34 PM EDT

I believe it shows registered with ip and last known ip