Exciting News about SocialEngine PHP!

• July 24, 2019 4:58 AM EDT

I will not be defensive , I know when you joined the company donna and the truth is i hope you stay, but unless you are a majority share holder or the CEO all I can say is this, I hope you are right. For us and for you its a fight against time and elements if you weren't up to the task we will not be hereIt pays better to have Both php and cloud and grow your company with more products but that will depend on sales and marketing. Its about the truth its about the unforeseen circumstances of the software development world, i can decide to and have a plan to have a taco but then it depends on whether circumstances allow or not , this is what i am saying.

You can want a date but then he is 3000 miles away and that's beyond your control something like that. If things were good with php then we would not have had this discussion in the first place.

I am happy with hostiso thank you but with time I will have to evaluate if they no longer fit the plan donna has not told us.

• 6923 posts
    July 24, 2019 5:10 AM EDT

Yes it will depend on that too. We are focused on it though. As long as there are people with dreams and plans for communities, we have a great shot at success into the future. Each product will capture different people's interest. I use SEPHP for my own site. It helps me to see first hand what's needed. 

Software development is definitely fickle. It's always about the next great thing. Then with websites, it's also about the evolution of privacy, security, accessibility and so many more things thrown into the mix. We need to have both scripts up to date for each new rule, new tech, etc. That's the plan. 

• July 24, 2019 5:17 AM EDT

Have nice day donna, i would have bought you a pie to apologize but then you are 3000 miles away, its not about truth or lie, its about the unforeseen circumstances of business, That brought us to this question in the first place. There is nothing to be scared about ,it could be 5 to ten years in the future and maybe then i can give you a real pie because you were right.

Both us and you are fighting the same giants and we have to understand each other if we are on the same boat sink or swim. I hope the shareholders and CEOs read this forum.

• 6923 posts
    July 24, 2019 5:48 AM EDT

Pie sounds good! I would love to share one with you some day. I hope you have a great day as well. No hard feelings here. Hope none on your end either. We want all of us to succeed, the entire team does. As for whether they read the forum, yes they do. They don't have a lot of time for it so I bring up issues in our bi-weekly meetings. 

Yes we are fighting the same giants. PHP itself is. With new tech, which Unite is leveraging, we'll see where PHP and the MVC sort of frameworks go in future developments. That'll say what we need to do for SEPHP in order to keep up with trends and tech. I think there will always be self-hosted clients and such, we'll need that solution for them. However, if trends move away from PHP itself, that also means higher costs for clients who want to self-host as Unite itself would be higher on server resources and require more expensive servers as one example. But, like you said, that could be many years into the future.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at July 24, 2019 5:48 AM EDT