Community

Forums » SEU Help and Tips

Text Colour

• 159 posts
    June 18, 2019 11:35 AM EDT

Hei, Mikel here.
    Tech Question: I want to change the text colour on theme Aurora..
    In the boxes such as (trending topics) ( terms, contact us, ETC..) ( (menu options) the text font colour is a very light grey / cream type colour. I have noticed that on several devices because of the device screen setting (out of my control if its a members device) the text shows lighter or hard to see.

So I want to make this text darker  like a dark gray.
    Thing is im not sure what bit to change. Ive looked in acp settings but since im colourblind im having a spot of bother..

Please help me oby wan, your my only help, you did help leya or what ever her name was..that girl with the begals over hers ears...

mikel..

This post was edited by mikel at June 18, 2019 12:15 PM EDT
    • 3835 posts
    June 18, 2019 12:23 PM EDT

LOL Mikel. We actually have an accessible theme coming, Pegasi that is made with more contrast, etc so that color blind users and blind users (via screenreaders) are better able to see the stuff. If you still want to change Aurora (a clone, not the original as we don't recommend changing originals) will you please screenshot what you want to change and I'll see if I can find the code.

This post was edited by Donna at June 18, 2019 12:27 PM EDT
    • 159 posts
    June 19, 2019 2:18 PM EDT

Hei Donna, Thanks for you info.

Ive boxed the text I am wanting to make darker. Hope this makes things more clear.. as you can see, the text is light. im just wanting to make this text darker to stand out..
    Thanks, mikel

• 69 posts
    June 20, 2019 12:48 AM EDT

I'm no pro.. but you can stick this in your css:

.section-card .nav-link, .section-card .nav-link:hover { color: #007bff; } .footer .nav-link { color: #007bff; } .card-footer a, .card-footer a:hover { color: #007bff; }

But just an FYI, if you are using Google Chrome, you can right click to "inspect" an area and get the css information.

This post was edited by Donna at June 20, 2019 4:25 AM EDT
    • 3835 posts
    June 20, 2019 4:26 AM EDT

Brian, our community rules mention never to post code without putting it in the code block which is the button next to the smiley. We  usually delete unformatted code but I fixed yours. Thanks for the help and please next time put it in formatted, for safety. 

• 159 posts
    June 20, 2019 6:06 AM EDT

Thanks Brian and Donna.

I will keep this info in my projects file...il test this in my trial site at moment.. im not much into altering or adding code...ive had a history of breaking my toys in some way in the past  laughing..

I just thought I could go into the acp and change the colours like I can with bg, bg hover, header text and top bar colour, so on.. Ok not a problem

thanks anyway folks..

mikel.

UPDATE: Thanks Brian and Donna.
    I have put this code into my trial site css. Result is good. Did what I wanted to do. so instead of the blue text (as in the code info) I changed the colour to a dark grey and it looks great. more highlighted and more visually clear without spoiling the aurora theme design.

Again.. Thanks folks.

This post was edited by mikel at June 20, 2019 6:24 AM EDT
    • 3835 posts
    June 20, 2019 8:16 AM EDT

Just an FYI but we released the accessible theme which has improvements for WCAG and ADA compliance. This addresses issue for color blind folks as well. :)

• 159 posts
    June 20, 2019 9:14 AM EDT

Thanks Donna..
    Il take a look.
    Im get just getting new site now. ive sorted the questions I had now so going to set up new site how I like it. I been creating logos and my terms and cons and policies.

mikel.

This post was edited by mikel at June 20, 2019 9:15 AM EDT
    • 69 posts
    June 20, 2019 9:42 AM EDT

Hi Donna.

I tried to use the code block, it wasn't working, and I tried to edit & couldn't delete after I posted it so I was kind of stuck.

Mac/Safari

(I also looked at the HTML via the WYWSYG EDITOR and it had code brackets, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't stick.)

B

This post was edited by Brian at June 20, 2019 9:46 AM EDT
    • 159 posts
    June 21, 2019 12:03 PM EDT

Hei. Mikel again..

Just going through my unite site with theme Aurora after some test member feedback. issue im facing is, all of the light coloured text is too light and hard to see / read especially on some mobile devices. A couple of devices and trial members of mine say the same thing. I cant expect members to keep altering their mobile device brightness / colour settings just to use my site...

Resolve: I wanting to make all of the aurora themes light text darker.. like a dark grey...

update:
    main issue with light text is on: Mobile Cell phone / mobile.
    Sections: discussion, blogs, video, photo.
    Area: menu, just under the header.

reason for update: I updated this because I sounded like I was complaining about the issue.  So im sorry if anyone has read this before I updated..

Thanks folks...
    mikel

This post was edited by mikel at June 21, 2019 2:46 PM EDT