Community

Forums » SEU Help and Tips

Posting Terms, policy...

• 159 posts
    June 25, 2019 12:47 PM EDT

Hei folks
    Just trying to post my terms and policy on new site.
    I know instructions say 'post in phrase manager', so my question is: where is phrase manger ?

I tried posting my terms in what I think is the correct page but it don't look right. Example:

My terms then at bottom of page is the page title header.

I know its the way im doing it is wrong.

Any ideas..

thanks
    mikel. 

• 3839 posts
    June 25, 2019 1:45 PM EDT

Hi Mikel,

Our Learning Center has many tutorials. https://www.socialengine.com/support the Unite specific ones are listed here: https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/491572/socialengine-unite . Here is a link to the tutorials for the language manager https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/33036/locale which includes the phrase manager. Hope that helps.

• 159 posts
    June 25, 2019 2:16 PM EDT

Thanks Donna.
     Fantastic help as usual..

mikel.

• 159 posts
    June 27, 2019 11:51 AM EDT

Hei folks.
    After a little bit of help..
    I followed the instructions [  https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/33036/locale ] put in my terms.
    result: my terms showed inside the title block just under [ these are your terms of service] as one paragraph block. and not several paragraphs.

when I tried just going into the page itself and copy + paste the terms in:
    result was: the terms were as I need, however the page title [these are your terms of service ] does not show.

any ideas on what im doing wrong..

thanks mikel.

• 3839 posts
    June 27, 2019 1:44 PM EDT

Hi Mikel, if you follow the tutorial for adding it to the phrase, you can use basic html in the phrase. So you could put each in as a paragraph with breaks and it should format fine. 

Terms of Service <br/> <p>hello there</p> <br> <p>and here</p>

The above is general. You can use any basic html. Just not any iframe stuff. 

• 159 posts
    June 28, 2019 6:22 AM EDT

Thanks donna.

Il give it a try.

mikel.

• 3839 posts
    June 28, 2019 7:07 AM EDT

You're welcome! Hope it works for you. :)

• 159 posts
    June 28, 2019 9:13 AM EDT

Hei Donna.
    I finished. It looks as I want it to now.

However, I did use the coding you provided but it still didn't look right. As I have sections and indexes. and each individual line merged into paragraphs which took a lot of reading and people don't like reading.

So the coding didn't allow for that.
    but on the good news is because you shown me the way I needed to go, I did a little cheat. Which may be useful to others. So this is what I did:

in word document I had all my terms and policy already scripted and the way I needed it to look, from my other php site.

part 1:
    a, I copied my terms from word document that I created previous.
    b, on unite: in main view ( not acp view ) go into Terms or Privacy.
    c, On the right of screen where you see the tab for acp or home. click the write.
    d, paste your copied text. then Save. and in acp clear cache. Important.
    e, return back to page.

f, tick the HTML option.

You will then see the text complete with the coding in place

Then
    Part 2:
    f, copy all of the text with its coding
    g, Click out of this page without saving and go to ACP
    h, Local > phrases > search for [ this is your terms policy ] or [this is your privacy policy ]
    I, past in your copied work
    j, Save
    k, clear cache
    l. refresh site if needed.
    m, once you see the text as it should be, go back to the page and take a copy for your own saved records on your device. Then you can delete the info, otherwise it will be visible to viewers.

So thanks Donna.
    Site looks really good looking now and coming together...I could take it on a date..

mikel

This post was edited by mikel at June 28, 2019 12:09 PM EDT
    • 3839 posts
    June 28, 2019 9:50 AM EDT

Glad it works and great tips! LOL on a date rofl.