Community

Forums » SEPHP Feature Requests

[A]Show Member Levels on Profile

• 79 posts
    July 9, 2019 11:07 PM EDT

Hi all,

Thanks to all the help I've gotten here and some hand-holding by Donna, we made it through a soft-opening and our official migration to Social Engine and it went really well! We have over 1,000 registered users as of 3 hours ago, and we are so excited that the feedback we are getting has been extremely positive.

Bragging aside (it really was a big thank you to this community) I have a question as usual.  When a member is assigned a level (i.e. a moderator), is there a way for an admin to have that "title" show up underneath the person's name in their profile.   

Examples from our old site looked like the images below. I know I can purchase a plugin to do badges, but I don't need all that if I can avoid the cost and more "stuff" installed on our site.

TIA
    Nancy

This post was edited by nancers at July 9, 2019 11:08 PM EDT
    • 3690 posts
    July 10, 2019 6:34 AM EDT

Would you like me to move this to feature requests and change the title to show what you want?

• 79 posts
    July 10, 2019 8:15 AM EDT

Yes please. :)

• 3690 posts
    July 10, 2019 11:33 AM EDT

Moved and renamed. I often wondered why it was coded to show Profile Type rather than Member Level. I do like to show the member level. That's why I made the free staff display widget from ScriptTechs. So I could show who is site staff.

• 62 posts
    July 21, 2019 11:36 PM EDT

I want to 1+ this... please change default to show Member Level and not the profile type.

• 3690 posts
    July 22, 2019 4:48 AM EDT

Yeah I like the idea too and have made a tiny plugin for now to put a widget on the profile that shows the member level. Will release it via BryZar in the store for free once I get it packaged. It'll be a small temp solution until this can be done in the script itself. Perhaps it should be a setting so that people can either show profile type, member level, or both.

• July 26, 2019 6:30 AM EDT

We have created a small plugin to show Member level on user profile pages. @nancer: you can check if this plugin suits your requirements: https://www.socialengine.com/store/product/membership-subscription-badge .

If you ahve any pre-sale query, you can contact our support team at support@socialenginesolutions.com

Thanks & Regards

Team SocialEngineSolutions

• 3690 posts
    July 26, 2019 9:16 AM EDT

We will still be doing this as a feature just so it's clear. The free plugin from BryZar will be removed once the feature is added to the SEPHP core script. That little plugin won't do as much as the one offered above by SocialNetworking.Solutions though.

• 62 posts
    August 13, 2019 5:17 AM EDT

Has your plugin been uploaded?

• 3690 posts
    August 13, 2019 7:38 AM EDT

If you mean my small freebie, sorry, I hadn't had time to upload it as it's such a small thing. If you need it I can send it via email but you would want to private message me to give me permission to send it from my BryZar email. :) I don't take emails from clients without permission even though I have access it just doesn't feel right to do. 

• 3690 posts
    August 13, 2019 7:39 AM EDT

or I can put it in the store if others want it too.