Invite non-friends to events/groups

• 58 posts
    July 30, 2019 5:57 AM EDT

This is the follow up request for http://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/469/events-improving-invite-list/view/post_id/10452.

As described it's currently not possible to invite other users not being friends with to events or groups.

I suggest adding an admin setting field to enable this behavior when needed after the frontend list rework has been finished (see other request).

• 6923 posts
    July 30, 2019 8:02 AM EDT

Can you please flesh out this request per the instructions for feature request? We are super swamped and I don't have a lot of time to ask what/why/how/where/etc. It would be very helpful if what you want for this is contained in this request with screenshots if possible and anything you deem helpful for our development staff.Would hate to create Igor when you wanted Belle. 

• 58 posts
    July 31, 2019 11:42 AM EDT

Sure thing, can do! Sorry for not further describing the request in the first place.

what:

It would be great to add users not being friends with to an event or a group.

why:

Community administrators don't normally have all users as friends and it's currently impossible to add a user to a group without adding him/her as friend and without messing around with the database. It would thus be great to have an option to natively enable this behavior.

how:

As described i suggest adding an admin configuration for optionally enabling the selection of "all users" in the popup after the request in http://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/469/events-improving-invite-list/view/post_id/10452 has been applied (search in popup member list). In this request you can also find a screenshot with a scribble of a potential design and search field

This may be coupled with a multi-select for specific user groups to only enable this option e.g. for admins to prevent spam.

where:

Frontend: event and group invite popup

Admin panel: "settings > general" or "settings > friends"

• 6923 posts
    August 1, 2019 5:00 AM EDT

For admins, you can set the user group to be allowed to send emails to friends. If you do that, does it work to allow the invites? At least for now until we can look at this feature more. I think, if the setting doesn't work for that, we could improve it to work for this. 

• 58 posts
    August 2, 2019 8:39 AM EDT

Hey @Donna,

sadly i couldn't find an option called similar to the one you named in the backend.

If it works as you described it wouldn't serve the same purpose as the function described because it would be restricted to friends only (and not non-friends).

• 6923 posts
    August 2, 2019 8:59 AM EDT

I meant to send to all instead of just friends in the user group settings per user group. Will get you a screenshot.

• 6923 posts
    August 2, 2019 9:00 AM EDT

https://community.socialengine.com/blogs/597/14/member-levels 

actually the setting is in that tutorial about 3/4 of the way down the page.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at January 12, 2023 9:15 AM EST
    • 183 posts
    January 12, 2023 12:44 PM EST
    Just want to confirm that we are also interested in this feature. Thanks

Our moderator now has to be friends with all users from the very beginning to be able to invite any users she needs.

I do not know how it is coded but maybe the solution could be to manage lists of users before creating any group.. For example, if I need to create a group for some specific users (for ex from some network or users of some products I am interested in) I can create a list of users and then use this list when I create a group...
    • 57 posts
    January 12, 2023 1:41 PM EST

It is quite easy with socialnetworking solutions add on- which i have even further modified so i can search on member, not just add from list.

Becasue if u have invite only, u need easy way to add members

So it is definitely possible- but i cant tell how Raw SE works, because my site HEAVILY modififed with thousands or program hours.

you can visit budogirslhub.com to see whats possible or not with SE.

Should mention I am professional- but i think we all can grow by sharing tips and ideas.

Br

• 23 posts
    February 20, 2023 10:08 AM EST

ust want to confirm that we are also interested in this feature. Thanks