Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

Donations Plugin?

• 358 posts
    August 7, 2019 9:59 PM EDT

Awhile back I thought I saw a simple donations plugin that allowed people to make a donation via a site gateway to the site ownership. Does this exist or did I quit drinking to late to remember???

• gs
    • 861 posts
    August 7, 2019 10:50 PM EDT

now you have me wondering too.  

SocialEngineMarket, SES, SEAO, and Hire-Experts have crowdfunding-type donation Plugins (i use 2 of these).  but at a quick glance, i dont see any if these doing what you asked.  

heres a Pp widget https://www.powr.io/plugins/paypal-button/standalone?id=20876719&

One of the many things SEM did for me was to create a generic Pp widget that can be placed on any page so the page-owner (including Site-ADMIN) may configure it to accept funds.  this is enabled by ML.

hopefully someone will chime in with a current product thst meets ur needs.

This post was edited by Donna at August 8, 2019 4:56 AM EDT
    • 3841 posts
    August 8, 2019 4:55 AM EDT

@James, on ScriptTechs what I had done was put a donate button from Paypal. It's very easy to do as they let you create it with their widget. I would suggest to use Paypal's right from Paypal over some externally created widget as linked above. However, if you can't use Paypal, you could be creative if there's not a donations plugin and perhaps do a one time donation subscription. So you would name it donate and people subscribe to it. However, that might mess with memberships if you already have paid memberships. 

Does the gateway you use have anything similar to Paypal's donate button?

This post was edited by Donna at August 8, 2019 4:57 AM EDT
    • 3841 posts
    August 8, 2019 5:00 AM EDT
    • 358 posts
    August 9, 2019 8:57 AM EDT

I think I will go the paypal in a widget route. Thanks!

• 3841 posts
    August 9, 2019 9:02 AM EDT

You're welcome! Hope you get lots of donations. :)