Client and Expert Accounts Please Read

• 6923 posts
    August 14, 2017 10:23 AM EDT

We check each client and expert to ensure they are in our client or expert database. We use the email address. If you didn't use the correct email address to sign up, this can result in you getting banned or deleted due to our terms. We are doing this in order to ensure our clients and experts are not harassed or bothered by non-clients or non-experts in our program. 

Please contact me if you need to have your email address changed. For now, I am putting people in the "Default" member level if I find they have no account and then sending a PM message to ask about account emails. No other information is asked for and no one else will contact you here about that. If someone does, please pm me.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 14, 2017 12:20 PM EDT

==>" If you didn't use the correct email address to sign up..."

What are you referring to by 'correct' - the same email we used for registering our SE license?  If yes, then how do we use separate emails for license vs. community?

• 6923 posts
    August 14, 2017 12:49 PM EDT
    gs said:

==>" If you didn't use the correct email address to sign up..."

What are you referring to by 'correct' - the same email we used for registering our SE license?  If yes, then how do we use separate emails for license vs. community?

The old community automatically created the account from your licensed email. This site doesn't do that so we just ask that you create the account using your licensed email. This is no different than it was before other than it being manual atm. There is no way to separate them if you want to avoid issues later on when the automated check is added.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 14, 2017 1:02 PM EDT

Thanks for the reply.

==>"There is no way to separate them if you want to avoid issues later on when the automated check is added."

:(  I now realize this is basically the same as before, but that doesn't mean I like it

The point is that the Licensee email may be different than the User email (i.e. think business vs. person).  For me for now, it's only an minor inconvenience.  Once things are up and running at my stie, this is a problem because all business licenses are via one email account (that is only to be used for licensing purposes - not non-license communications), and another email will be used for 'me' (or whoever will be representing us here as 'the client' vs. other users at our business). 

Would SE consider 'a way' rather than 'no way' because my guess (IMHO) is it can be done by changing the 'automated check' process, such as through creating a cross reference list (file/spreadsheet/database/whatever) of registered-license/email vs. community-client/email?  My apologies, but in my world of software it's seldom 'no way' but rather 'won't/can't because of time, resourses, money, legalities, etc'  Not picking on you, just showing I have faith in SE here to be able to do something like this. 

• 6923 posts
    August 14, 2017 2:43 PM EDT

I think we need to make "sub accounts" in the client dash. I'll ask about that. Perhaps a subaccount just for forum access. One just for support access. 

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 14, 2017 5:39 PM EDT
    Donna said:

I think we need to make "sub accounts" in the client dash. I'll ask about that. Perhaps a subaccount just for forum access. One just for support access. 

Now you're going to throw a nerf ball at me - how about at least 3 accounts: Registration, Support, Forum (possibly >1).

I guess I'm strange this way - different people often handle different things, and although right now I'm a huge staff of 1, I believe in flexibility and handling everyone's situation as best as possible, not just focusing on us 'little' sites. 

Thoughts? Suggestions?

• 6923 posts
    August 15, 2017 4:54 AM EDT

Well that's what I said in my post so it's the same thing.

• 6 posts
    August 17, 2017 4:27 AM EDT

I am web-developer and sometimes SE expert with 3 licensed sites, but not SE owner, so I used my own email for forum registration. And use another emails for client area for updates download. And I think this is not unique situation.

• 6923 posts
    August 17, 2017 4:52 AM EDT
    Alexey said:

I am web-developer and sometimes SE expert with 3 licensed sites, but not SE owner, so I used my own email for forum registration. And use another emails for client area for updates download. And I think this is not unique situation.

You don't own a license? I'm not sure I understand. Feel free to pm me.

• 6 posts
    August 17, 2017 5:04 AM EDT

Yes, I don't, I working with 2 sites with SE4 licenses now and 1 project in the past. Expert, not owner.

• 6923 posts
    August 17, 2017 5:06 AM EDT

Oh in our Expert program?

• 6 posts
    August 17, 2017 5:16 AM EDT

Nope, this is not my full-time job, so I not registered in Expert program. Well, I'll read about it

• 6923 posts
    August 17, 2017 5:57 PM EDT

Ok you'll need to be signed up as either a client or expert at socialengine.com in order to have one of those accounts here. You can still have a basic account for now though.

• 629 posts
    September 8, 2017 9:06 PM EDT

I think I'm all good.I took a bit of a break from this site for awhile. But I'm here now.