Unable To Post Due to Privacy Settings

• 348 posts
    September 16, 2019 1:56 AM EDT

Issue:
    Post Something box > Try to post something > An error pop-ups up > Attached screenshot > The message on the pop-up needs improvement, the message should redirect members to their privacy settings

Reference Post: http://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/1943/an-error-has-occurred-processing-the-request

Thanks!

This post was edited by SocialEngineAddOns at September 16, 2019 1:57 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    September 16, 2019 8:33 AM EDT

Can you please be more specific about "something" as that's so vague and this isn't following the guidelines we posted for submitting? I have never seen this message in the years I've been using SE so in order to know how this is showing and how to improve it, I first need to actually see it lol. Please give more steps as to how to reproduce this in default SE with NO third party plugins and no customizations. Once I can reproduce it and see it, I'll know more how to improve it.

Thank you!

• 348 posts
    September 18, 2019 9:33 AM EDT
    Donna said:

Can you please be more specific about "something" as that's so vague and this isn't following the guidelines we posted for submitting? I have never seen this message in the years I've been using SE so in order to know how this is showing and how to improve it, I first need to actually see it lol. Please give more steps as to how to reproduce this in default SE with NO third party plugins and no customizations. Once I can reproduce it and see it, I'll know more how to improve it.

Thank you!

Hi Donna,

Can you please be more specific about "something" as that's so vague

>> I mean to say, try to post a status update, like for example: 'This is a test post'
    As we post, pop-up opens up with the error message as attached in the previous message. 

Regarding 'Steps To Reproduce', even we are not aware of under which circumstances this error message pops up which get wiped off on saving the privacy settings of the member trying to post the status update. 

Clients have been reporting this issue to us since a while. I tried to check in my local by trying several use cases, but I was unable to reproduce, but as you can see in the above screenshot, client has reported this issue. 

What I can do is, if any client will report such an issue, I will redirect him to contact SE support so that you may debug this thoroughly. 

Thanks!

• 6923 posts
    September 19, 2019 7:04 AM EDT

Thank you!