Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

Error After Upgrading to 4.10.5

• 31 posts
    September 27, 2019 8:23 PM EDT

After performing the core upgrade to 4.10.5 on our development clone, members receive an error when attempting to submit payment for a premium membership. In addition, errors are received when attempting to access the "Transactions", Settings" and "Gateways" from the billing of the admin page.

Below is a copy of the error from the error log. Can someone shed some light on what may be causing this error? I am not sure if it is related to the 4.10.5 upgrade of a 3rd Party Plugin.

Zend_Json_Exception: Decoding failed: Syntax error in /home/admin/public_html/development/application/libraries/Zend/Json.php:97
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/admin/public_html/development/application/libraries/Engine/Db/Table.php(213): Zend_Json::decode('t\xA4\xFE\xFE&-Q\xE5J\x94'&\xACd}...')
    #1 /home/admin/public_html/development/application/modules/Payment/Model/DbTable/Gateways.php(89): Engine_Db_Table->_unserializeColumns(Array)
    #2 /home/admin/public_html/development/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php(1392): Payment_Model_DbTable_Gateways->_fetch(Object(Zend_Db_Table_Select))
    #3 /home/admin/public_html/development/application/modules/Payment/Form/Admin/Transaction/Filter.php(52): Zend_Db_Table_Abstract->fetchAll()
    #4 /home/admin/public_html/development/application/libraries/Zend/Form.php(239): Payment_Form_Admin_Transaction_Filter->init()
    #5 /home/admin/public_html/development/application/libraries/Engine/Form.php(146): Zend_Form->__construct(NULL)
    #6 /home/admin/public_html/development/application/modules/Ynpayment/controllers/AdminIndexController.php(37): Engine_Form->__construct()
    #7 /home/admin/public_html/development/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Ynpayment_AdminIndexController->indexAction()
    #8 /home/admin/public_html/development/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('indexAction')
    #9 /home/admin/public_html/development/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
    #10 /home/admin/public_html/development/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(84): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
    #11 /home/admin/public_html/development/application/libraries/Engine/Application.php(160): Core_Bootstrap->run()
    #12 /home/admin/public_html/development/application/index.php(223): Engine_Application->run()
    #13 /home/admin/public_html/development/boot.php(47): include('/home/admin/pub...')
    #14 /home/admin/public_html/development/index.php(24): Engine_Boot->boot()
    #15 {main}

• 5235 posts
    September 28, 2019 5:05 AM EDT

This can sometimes be caused by information that becomes corrupt or degraded in the database regarding the payment gateway setting. In most cases, you can run a query to delete the current gateway login information to fix it. However, this error also points to YNpayment which I assume is YouNet payment gateway. If so, the query might not work and might break something so it's best to ask them about it just in case. I would hate to tell you a query to run that breaks your third party product.

• 6 posts
    October 31, 2019 7:42 PM EDT

Donna, I did apply your suggestion to mine as I was having a similar problem and it does work like a charm

I applied this to my database through phpmyadmin

UPDATE `engine4_payment_gateways` SET `config`= null WHERE `title` = 'PayPal';

and it solved the problem.