Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

How TURN ON / ACTIVE (again) the Default SE Landing Page?

• 17 posts
    October 11, 2019 11:07 AM EDT

Hello,

I am wondering how can I turn back (ON/ACTIVE) the default SE Landing Page? I was configuring and then a third party plugin (Page Directories) welcome page was turn on to be the main page of the site, now I can not see how to reverse this option.Currently, I had to active the SIGN-IN REQUIRED PAGE while I find out how to turn on the default landing page.

I already reported to the SNS support, after 10 hours it has not been resolved, they said that they will update soon, but now they are off of the office, due to the hours difference  (12 hours), I can not wait for theme, I hope I can do it on my own, I don't understand why there was the option "YES" (that turn on) and I saw the NO (that turn off)

Please, If someone knows how, I will appreciate the help.

Best Regards.

This post was edited by Angel at October 11, 2019 11:14 AM EDT
    • 3835 posts
    October 11, 2019 11:23 AM EDT

It depends on what their plugin did. It's best to wait for them as it could have overwritten source files which would require you to  restore those. 

• 17 posts
    October 11, 2019 11:36 AM EDT

Gotcha.

• October 12, 2019 7:01 AM EDT

Hello Angel,

When you have chosen Yes for the Landing page setting, there should be a popup shown to you displaying a message that a backup page will be created in the Layout Editor as this change will overwrite the current page.

So, please check the Layout Editor if you can see the backup page. If you see the backup page, then you will have to manually make the changes to the Landing page of your site.

We have replied you in the support ticket as well.

Thanks & Regards

Team SocialNetworking.Solutions

• 17 posts
    October 12, 2019 2:08 PM EDT

Hello SNS, 

Yes, exactly that happened. I realized that Default Landing Page was overwrite, then I was able to put back what I had before, but thank you very much for you answer. This information you provided here could have been very helpful if was provided when I create the support ticket. Don't worries, It help me to understand better SE and learn more. I was able to fix it in less that 5 minutes once I realized that LP was overwrite smile

Best Regards.

This post was edited by Angel at October 12, 2019 2:10 PM EDT
    • 3835 posts
    October 14, 2019 5:44 AM EDT

Moved to proper forum section for third party product discussions.